WFS chacheing / BACK button

Lee M.
Hello developers

I'm using WFS protocol on Vector layer / GeoServer / PostGIS

Currently the map is refreshing and calling new requests whenever i do anything like searching or drawing and when i move back to a part of the map which previously had features already downloaded, it refreshes and call new request again. i need to  reuse previous data for previous requests.

I've read that the OpenLayers does not have this functionality. but this was a long time ago.
is there a way to cache wfs returns by check the boolean in top of the code or anything like that ?

also that will help me implement my BACK button so that i can store previous requests in a stack and pull requests when the user clicks the back button

would appreciate any help.