WFS and Oracle Database

José Ramón López

Hello list!

I'm configuring a WFS service with ms4w v1.6 version. I'm having some problems with Oracle.
The featureclasses in my geodatabase all have a blob data typed field. I've read that MapServer doesn't support this format. So, I have to make a query, with all fields except blob field, like this:

DATA "SHAPE FROM (SELECT OBJECTID, SHAPE, COD_ENT, TIPO_LIN, TIPO FROM RED_FERROCARRIL) USING UNIQUE OBJECTID VERSION 9i"

After running this, I have to wait for several minutes, but nothing is returned. But, if I make this another query, specifying an OBJECTID field, the data are showed by the client:

DATA "SHAPE FROM (SELECT OBJECTID, SHAPE, COD_ENT, TIPO_LIN, TIPO FROM RED_FERROCARRIL  WHERE OBJECTID=50) USING UNIQUE OBJECTID VERSION 9i"

Notice that all this query are made with Oracle Spatial ConnectionType.

If instead doing this, I make this query using the OCI driver:

CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
CONNECTION "OCI:user/pass@SDE"
DATA "RED_FERROCARRIL"

I can see all the features stored in the featureclass,  but the client spends a lot of time to show it. Could anybody tell me, why does it happen?

I've been reading some articles about the filter with Oracle Spatial, but I  still  don't  know  how to  use  it.
Could anybody of you help me? Is this problem related with the filters?

Thank you very much.
--
José Ramón López
Tfno: 627 88 88 24