WFS-T delete query

marcinm
Hello,

I was looking for an answer for quite a long time, but couldn't find anything.
Is it possible to perform delete query in geoserver using GET method? For ecample something like this:

?request=transaction&operation=delete&layer=topp:tasmania_roads&property_name=TYPE&property_value=alley&user=admin&password=geoserver

As a result I'm getting a xml, but nothing isn't deleted. When I post a query from Demos section I'm able to delete features from selected layer.
Is it impossible at all to prepare such link, or there is a mistake in url I prepare?

Thanks in advance,
Marcin Motyka