WCS 2.0.1 not returning same image as WCS 1.0.0

WCS 2.0.1 not returning same image as WCS 1.0.0

Moisan, Yves (EC)

Hi All,

On Ubuntu 18.04 with :

MapServer version 7.0.7 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=KML SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=AGG SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=CAIRO SUPPORTS=SVG_SYMBOLS SUPPORTS=RSVG SUPPORTS=ICONV SUPPORTS=FRIBIDI SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPPORTS=SOS_SERVER SUPPORTS=FASTCGI SUPPORTS=THREADS SUPPORTS=GEOS INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

When I issue a GetCoverage in WCS 1.0.1 I get a 1635 X 1940 pixels GTiff image :

http://myserver?SERVICE=WCS&VERSION=1.0.0&REQUEST=GetCoverage&COVERAGE=myCoverage&bbox=376509,4898728,377163,4899504&crs=EPSG:26918&resx=0.4&resy=0.4&FORMAT=image/tiff

The same request, only in 2.0.1 and with COVERAGEID instead of COVERAGE, I get :

msWCSGetCoverage20(): WCS server error. Raster size out of range, width and height of resulting coverage must be no more than MAXSIZE=4096.

How can that be ?  I’m specifying resx resy to the values pixels have in the image behind the service (and when I overlay the image I get back from the WCS 1.0.0 call it matches the original image pixel for pixel) so there can’t be interpolation going on here.  I’m surprised.

Thanx for pointers,

Yves