Voting Results of RfP 2019

Till Adams-3
Dear OSGeo-Community,

it's my pleasure to publish, that FOSS4G 2019 will take place in

***Bucharest***

Congratulations to the Bucharest team! Now the work begins...

We received 9 votes, from out of 14 CC members (there are 15 members
including Vasile, who did of course not vote), which is enough for
quorum. Congrats to the winners and also my respect for the Sevilla team
for their fair competition and their great proposal! It could have been
both locations.

Best regards, Till

Re: Voting Results of RfP 2019

massimiliano cannata-2
Congratulations to Bucharest and thanks to Sevilla.

As an observer is quite bad to see that 1/3 of the s"elected" people of the voting conference committee didn't vote, considering this is one of the few task they have....

Best and compliment for the great proposals.

Maxi
Mostra testo citato
Nice

thank you Maria for your proposal as well! It would be crazy event - I hope, you will just move your team to Bucharest and will have a lot of dreamless nights :-D

út 19. 12. 2017 v 8:29 odesílatel Till Adams <[hidden email]> napsal:
Dear board,

the conference committee has voted. We have a clear quorum for the
*Bucharest* proposal.

So, as chair of the conference committee, I propose to accept the quorum
and officially choose Bucharest as location for hosting our global
FOSS4G 2019.

Regards, Till

Il 19 dic 2017 06:38, "Till Adams" <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
Dear OSGeo-Community,

it's my pleasure to publish, that FOSS4G 2019 will take place in

***Bucharest***

Congratulations to the Bucharest team! Now the work begins...

We received 9 votes, from out of 14 CC members (there are 15 members
including Vasile, who did of course not vote), which is enough for
quorum. Congrats to the winners and also my respect for the Sevilla team
for their fair competition and their great proposal! It could have been
both locations.

Best regards, Till

Re: Voting Results of RfP 2019

delawen
Hi,

On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 9:40 AM, massimiliano cannata <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congratulations to Bucharest and thanks to Sevilla.

As an observer is quite bad to see that 1/3 of the s"elected" people of the voting conference committee didn't vote, considering this is one of the few task they have....

You are right, but consider that probably they have many other tasks from other committees. So I wouldn't be too hard on them. It is them who should decide if they should resign and let others vote.

What maybe was more decisive here was cutting the time for voting. I understand it was not an easy decision, but at the same time, maybe it would have been wise to delay the voting a bit, if the voters had problems deciding. Voting in a hurry is usually no good strategy.

Can I ask people who didn't vote why they didn't vote? It was a lack of time? A difficult decision and you decided to abstain?

I don't need to know who they were, sure. Maybe the CROs of this voting can do a compilation of answers?

Re: Voting Results of RfP 2019

Till Adams-3

Hi,

I will care about the non-voters in the upcoming days and contact them personally. For me it's not an issue of shortened time... if you feel responsible it makes no difference, whether you have three days or five or eight to just write an email.

The timetable was communicated clear and briefly, so that can't be an issue. Steven made it although he travels somewhere around in deepest India ;-)

Till

Am 19.12.2017 um 09:46 schrieb María Arias de Reyna:
[...]

Vasile Crăciunescu
Dear OSGeo Conference Committee, dear OSGeo Community, dear friends,

There were moments when we were sure we'll win and moments when we were
sure we won't! Both proposal were very well written, with the investment
of time and heart well at sight.

We are honored to have been chosen and we commit to do everything in our
power and beyond to make FOSS4G 2019 Bucharest the event which you take
home with you.

In the name of my wonderful team and my own, I thank you!

Best regards,
Vasile

On 12/19/17 7:38 AM, Till Adams wrote:

> Dear OSGeo-Community,
>
> it's my pleasure to publish, that FOSS4G 2019 will take place in
>
> ***Bucharest***
>
> Congratulations to the Bucharest team! Now the work begins...
>
> We received 9 votes, from out of 14 CC members (there are 15 members
> including Vasile, who did of course not vote), which is enough for
> quorum. Congrats to the winners and also my respect for the Sevilla team
> for their fair competition and their great proposal! It could have been
> both locations.
>

> Best regards, Till

Re: Voting Results of RfP 2019

stevenfeldman
Brilliant news

We had two fantastic proposals, it was so so hard to choose. As Maria said we were in a win win situation

Maria, thanks to you and your team for all your efforts. Hopefully you will consider bidding again

Vasile, congratulations to you and all the BLOC. Now we look forward to Bucharest 2019!

I'm sure I speak for all of the past Chairs when I say that you are about to start on an amazing journey - when you need help, advice, a sounding board or anything else just reacg out and we will be there (old musical reference there)

May the FOSS be with you both

Greetings

Steven

> On 19 Dec 2017, at 11:08, Till Adams <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear OSGeo-Community,
>
> it's my pleasure to publish, that FOSS4G 2019 will take place in
>
> ***Bucharest***
>
> Congratulations to the Bucharest team! Now the work begins...
>
> We received 9 votes, from out of 14 CC members (there are 15 members
> including Vasile, who did of course not vote), which is enough for
> quorum. Congrats to the winners and also my respect for the Sevilla team
> for their fair competition and their great proposal! It could have been
> both locations.
>

> Best regards, Till

Re: Voting Results of RfP 2019

Till Adams-3
+1

Am 20.12.2017 um 14:09 schrieb Steven Feldman:

> Brilliant news
>
> We had two fantastic proposals, it was so so hard to choose. As Maria said we were in a win win situation
>
> Maria, thanks to you and your team for all your efforts. Hopefully you will consider bidding again
>
> Vasile, congratulations to you and all the BLOC. Now we look forward to Bucharest 2019!
>
> I'm sure I speak for all of the past Chairs when I say that you are about to start on an amazing journey - when you need help, advice, a sounding board or anything else just reacg out and we will be there (old musical reference there)
>
> May the FOSS be with you both
>
> Greetings
>
> Steven
>

>> On 19 Dec 2017, at 11:08, Till Adams <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Dear OSGeo-Community,
>>
>> it's my pleasure to publish, that FOSS4G 2019 will take place in
>>
>> ***Bucharest***
>>
>> Congratulations to the Bucharest team! Now the work begins...
>>
>> We received 9 votes, from out of 14 CC members (there are 15 members
>> including Vasile, who did of course not vote), which is enough for
>> quorum. Congrats to the winners and also my respect for the Sevilla team
>> for their fair competition and their great proposal! It could have been
>> both locations.
>>

>> Best regards, Till

Re: Voting Results of RfP 2019

Mark Iliffe-2
This is wonderful news. Tanzania is really looking forward to passing over the torch to Bucharest next year!

Best,

Mark

On Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 2:09 PM, Steven Feldman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Brilliant news

We had two fantastic proposals, it was so so hard to choose. As Maria said we were in a win win situation

Maria, thanks to you and your team for all your efforts. Hopefully you will consider bidding again

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the confidence, but as we have already said, the year for FOSS4G in Sevilla was 2019. In 2022 we won't have as much as attention and tax incentives as in this year. And doing a castrated version will not be as fun as the full pirate version. Nevertheless I already encouraged the rest of the SLOC to take up on the idea, as I doubt I will have the personal time to repeat in 2022. So it's up to them, not me :)

Maybe it will be FOSS4G Finland 2022?