Volunteer

Vicky Vergara-2
I am volunteering to be part of CoC
Regards
Vicky

--
Georepublic UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Salzmannstraße 44,
81739 München, Germany

Vicky Vergara
Operations Research

eMail: vicky@georepublic.de
Web: https://georepublic.info

Tel: +49 (089) 4161 7698-1
Fax: +49 (089) 4161 7698-9

CEO: Daniel Kastl

Re: Volunteer

delawen
Thank you :)

El lun., 10 dic. 2018 23:12, Vicky Vergara <[hidden email]> escribió:
I am volunteering to be part of CoC
Regards
Vicky

--
Georepublic UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Salzmannstraße 44,
81739 München, Germany

Vicky Vergara
Operations Research

eMail: vicky@georepublic.de
Web: https://georepublic.info

Tel: +49 (089) 4161 7698-1
Fax: +49 (089) 4161 7698-9

CEO: Daniel Kastl

Re: Volunteer

Cameron Shorter

I'm also interested in participating in CoC discussions, although I'm mindful that I won't have time to commit as much as I'd like.

Some points I think we should be mindful of:

* Lets be inspirational instead of dictatorial in our messaging. Let's adopt positive language instead of negative. "We expect all our community to act respectfully ..." instead of "We won't tolerate ..."

* Most CoC situations are grey rather than black and white. Usually both parties feel offended, resulting in "defensive" actions (which in turn are seen as attacking from the other side).

* Human interactions are very complex. Any rules we develop will be inadequate to cover all situations. More detailed rules will almost certainly be more inadequate. Consequently I feel guides are more effective than rules.

* CoC situations tend to be very personal in nature. We should be personal, caring, delicate, and tailored in how we resolve issues. A rule book of processes is not very personal.

* Complicated processes, which don't inspire enough volunteers to implement them, are not going to be effective in a volunteer community. To date, our OSGeo community has provided many people with opinions on a CoC, but few with the time to provide long term, sustained support of implementing it.

Cheers, Cameron

On 11/12/18 9:13 am, María Arias de Reyna wrote:
Thank you :)

El lun., 10 dic. 2018 23:12, Vicky Vergara <[hidden email]> escribió:
I am volunteering to be part of CoC
Regards
Vicky

--
Georepublic UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Salzmannstraße 44,
81739 München, Germany

Vicky Vergara
Operations Research

eMail: vicky@georepublic.de
Web: https://georepublic.info

Tel: +49 (089) 4161 7698-1
Fax: +49 (089) 4161 7698-9

CEO: Daniel Kastl

Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier

M +61 (0) 419 142 254

Re: Volunteer

delawen
Thank you. Do you think you can, also as part of sac, do the changes I suggested? Replace mailing list by an alias and add a form on the website to report incidents.

If not I can work on that next week (the website part).