Vision and goals of the QGIS project

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Vision and goals of the QGIS project

Andreas Neumann-3
Hi again,

During filling in the questionnaire of Steven I noticed that we haven't yet published a vision and goals for the QGIS project.

We have all sorts of other statements: code of conduct, diversity statements, coding guidelines, trademark, etc. - but we have no vision and goals.

I think it would be useful to add this in the future. I will add it to the agenda of the PSC meeting tomorrow for further discussion.

We could start with a proposal and then ask our native speakers to polish them.

Greetings,
Andreas
--
Andreas Neumann
QGIS.ORG board member (treasurer)

_______________________________________________
Qgis-psc mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-psc
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Vision and goals of the QGIS project

pcav
Hi Andreas,
I'm well aware of this, and I suggested already before  A Coruǹa to fix
this[0]. Subsequently I have been talking with several of you to come
out with a proposal, but the thing proceeded slowly because several of
you expressed worries that this could cause frictions within the
project. I warmly welcome reviving the discussion. Let's talk about this
tomorrow evening.
cheers.

[0] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-psc/2019-March/007233.html

On 09/06/19 13:05, Andreas Neumann wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> During filling in the questionnaire of Steven I noticed that we haven't
> yet published a vision and goals for the QGIS project.
>
> We have all sorts of other statements: code of conduct, diversity
> statements, coding guidelines, trademark, etc. - but we have no vision
> and goals.
>
> I think it would be useful to add this in the future. I will add it to
> the agenda of the PSC meeting tomorrow for further discussion.
>
> We could start with a proposal and then ask our native speakers to
> polish them.
>
> Greetings,
> Andreas
> --
> Andreas Neumann
> QGIS.ORG <http://QGIS.ORG> board member (treasurer)
>
> _______________________________________________
> Qgis-psc mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-psc
>

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
QGIS.ORG Chair:
http://planet.qgis.org/planet/user/28/tag/qgis%20board/
_______________________________________________
Qgis-psc mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-psc
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Vision and goals of the QGIS project

Richard Duivenvoorde
On 09/06/2019 18.01, Paolo Cavallini wrote:

> Hi Andreas,
> I'm well aware of this, and I suggested already before  A Coruǹa to fix
> this[0]. Subsequently I have been talking with several of you to come
> out with a proposal, but the thing proceeded slowly because several of
> you expressed worries that this could cause frictions within the
> project. I warmly welcome reviving the discussion. Let's talk about this
> tomorrow evening.
> cheers.
>
> [0] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-psc/2019-March/007233.html

Maybe usefull: on the Osmf-talk mailing list there is discussion about
tagging etc, then a link to: an rfc: "On Consensus and Humming in the
IETF" https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7282

Regards,

Richard
_______________________________________________
Qgis-psc mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-psc
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Vision and goals of the QGIS project

pcav
Thanks Richard. I also see voting as a partial failure. I think it's
always better to act on consensus, as it happened until not long ago,
even if this takes longer. Keeping our community together is IMHO more
important than fast and (apparently) efficient decisions.
Cheers.

On 10/06/19 16:28, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:

> On 09/06/2019 18.01, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
>> Hi Andreas,
>> I'm well aware of this, and I suggested already before  A Coruǹa to fix
>> this[0]. Subsequently I have been talking with several of you to come
>> out with a proposal, but the thing proceeded slowly because several of
>> you expressed worries that this could cause frictions within the
>> project. I warmly welcome reviving the discussion. Let's talk about this
>> tomorrow evening.
>> cheers.
>>
>> [0] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-psc/2019-March/007233.html
>
> Maybe usefull: on the Osmf-talk mailing list there is discussion about
> tagging etc, then a link to: an rfc: "On Consensus and Humming in the
> IETF" https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7282
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard
> _______________________________________________
> Qgis-psc mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-psc
>

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
QGIS.ORG Chair:
http://planet.qgis.org/planet/user/28/tag/qgis%20board/
_______________________________________________
Qgis-psc mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-psc