Version names

123

Version names

pcav
Hi all,

does anyone reminds where do we have a list of names for upcoming versions?

Thanks.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu

Re: Version names

Giovanni Manghi

On Fri, Aug 24, 2018, 15:39 Paolo Cavallini <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

does anyone reminds where do we have a list of names for upcoming versions?

Not sure where such list is, but just as reminder remember that we agreed with the Madeira regional government (for their contribution for the Funchal Dev meeting) that the upcoming 3.4 would be named "Madeira".

Cheers!

-- G --

Thanks.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu

Re: Version names

pcav

Thanks. If so, then 3.6 should be Zanzibar.

Does anybody keep track of this?

Cheers.

On 08/24/2018 04:50 PM, Giovanni Manghi wrote:

On Fri, Aug 24, 2018, 15:39 Paolo Cavallini <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

does anyone reminds where do we have a list of names for upcoming versions?

Not sure where such list is, but just as reminder remember that we agreed with the Madeira regional government (for their contribution for the Funchal Dev meeting) that the upcoming 3.4 would be named "Madeira".

Cheers!

-- G --

Thanks.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu

Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu

Re: Version names

pcav

confirmed, so we are running out of names, after La Coruña.

we'll find other ways.

thanks.

On 08/24/2018 04:52 PM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:

Thanks. If so, then 3.6 should be Zanzibar.

Does anybody keep track of this?

Cheers.

On 08/24/2018 04:50 PM, Giovanni Manghi wrote:

On Fri, Aug 24, 2018, 15:39 Paolo Cavallini <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

does anyone reminds where do we have a list of names for upcoming versions?

Not sure where such list is, but just as reminder remember that we agreed with the Madeira regional government (for their contribution for the Funchal Dev meeting) that the upcoming 3.4 would be named "Madeira".

Cheers!

-- G --

Thanks.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu

Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu

Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu

Re: Version names

Marco Bernasocchi-2
here [1] is the list, will try to fill it up today.

ciao Marco

[1] https://github.com/qgis/qgis/wiki#qgis-hackfests

--
Marco Bernasocchi

QGIS.org Co-chair
http://berna.io

Re: Version names

Anita Graser
Hi,

I've been keeping track of the version names for a while now. My todo list for future Splash screens is 3.4 Funchal and 3.6 Stone Town.

I'm sure we'll figure something out if we run out of places.

Regards,
Anita

Re: Version names

pcav

I think people here will appreciate Zanzibar better than Stone Town.

Thanks Anita. For the future, I guess we can start using the name of regions surrounding some of the HF cities and towns, or other notable geographic features nearby. Better ideas welcome.

All the best.

On 08/24/2018 06:46 PM, Anita Graser wrote:
Hi,

I've been keeping track of the version names for a while now. My todo list for future Splash screens is 3.4 Funchal and 3.6 Stone Town.

I'm sure we'll figure something out if we run out of places.

Regards,
Anita

Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu

Re: Version names

Anita Graser
Hi Paolo,

On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 6:50 PM Paolo Cavallini <[hidden email]> wrote:

I think people here will appreciate Zanzibar better than Stone Town.

No problem! I'll change it to Zanzibar.

If Madeira is preferred over Funchal, please let me know.

Regards,
Anita

On 08/24/2018 07:03 PM, Anita Graser wrote:
Hi Paolo,

On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 6:50 PM Paolo Cavallini <[hidden email]> wrote:

I think people here will appreciate Zanzibar better than Stone Town.

No problem! I'll change it to Zanzibar.
Thanks

If Madeira is preferred over Funchal, please let me know.

Giovanni will know about that
all the best
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu

Re: Version names

Andreas Neumann-4

Hi Anita,

I am 99.99% sure that the local people in Madeira wanted "Madeira" as the QGIS release name, and not "Funchal".

Andreas

Am 24.08.2018 um 18:46 schrieb Anita Graser:
Hi,

I've been keeping track of the version names for a while now. My todo list for future Splash screens is 3.4 Funchal and 3.6 Stone Town.

I'm sure we'll figure something out if we run out of places.

Regards,
Anita

Re: Version names

Régis Haubourg
Hi,
Agreed with both Paolo and Andreas.
Moreover Stone town is also called Zanzibar city.
Cheers
Regis

Le sam. 25 août 2018 à 00:17, Andreas Neumann <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Hi Anita,

I am 99.99% sure that the local people in Madeira wanted "Madeira" as the QGIS release name, and not "Funchal".

Andreas

Am 24.08.2018 um 18:46 schrieb Anita Graser:
Hi,

I've been keeping track of the version names for a while now. My todo list for future Splash screens is 3.4 Funchal and 3.6 Stone Town.

I'm sure we'll figure something out if we run out of places.

Regards,
Anita

Re: Version names

Anita Graser
Hi Andreas

On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 11:10 PM Andreas Neumann <[hidden email]> wrote:

I am 99.99% sure that the local people in Madeira wanted "Madeira" as the QGIS release name, and not "Funchal".

Noted, thanks!

The shared QGIS Graphics folder on Google Drive contains everything I'm collecting for the Splash screens, including folders for upcoming releases with the planned version names.

Regards,
Anita

Re: Version names

Giovanni Manghi

> I am 99.99% sure that the local people in Madeira wanted "Madeira" as the QGIS release name, and not "Funchal".

that is correct, "Madeira" is much more recognized than "Funchal".

Anita I will ask the co-organizers of the dev meeeting from the
regional government to send/share some old map that can be used for
the splash screen.

Cheers!

-- G --

Re: Version names

Anita Graser

On Sat, Aug 25, 2018 at 4:21 PM Giovanni Manghi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

> I am 99.99% sure that the local people in Madeira wanted "Madeira" as the QGIS release name, and not "Funchal".

that is correct, "Madeira" is much more recognized than "Funchal".

Anita I will ask the co-organizers of the dev meeeting from the
regional government to send/share some old map that can be used for
the splash screen.

Thank you, that would be great!

Anita

Cheers!

-- G --

Re: Version names

Nyall Dawson
On Sat, 25 Aug 2018 at 01:01, Paolo Cavallini <[hidden email]> wrote:

> confirmed, so we are running out of names, after La Coruña.
>
> we'll find other ways.

Just a hint... there was a little hackfest in Australia last year,
with Nathan, Martin and myself.

QGIS "Noosa" has a certain ring to it!

Nyall

> thanks.
>

> On 08/24/2018 04:52 PM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
>
> Thanks. If so, then 3.6 should be Zanzibar.
>
> Does anybody keep track of this?
>
> Cheers.
>

> On 08/24/2018 04:50 PM, Giovanni Manghi wrote:
>

> On Fri, Aug 24, 2018, 15:39 Paolo Cavallini <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> does anyone reminds where do we have a list of names for upcoming versions?
>

> Not sure where such list is, but just as reminder remember that we agreed with the Madeira regional government (for their contribution for the Funchal Dev meeting) that the upcoming 3.4 would be named "Madeira".
>
> Cheers!
>

> -- G --
>

>> Thanks.
>>
>> --
>> Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
>> QGIS & PostGIS courses: http://www.faunalia.eu/training.html
>> https://www.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=IT&q=qgis,arcgis

> Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
> https://www.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=IT&q=qgis,arcgis

> Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
> https://www.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=IT&q=qgis,arcgis

Re: Version names

Andreas Neumann-4
I'd support that.

Also as a "thank you" for the huge contributions we get from down under
- mainly Nyall and Nathan!

Andreas

Am 30.08.2018 um 08:26 schrieb Nyall Dawson:

> On Sat, 25 Aug 2018 at 01:01, Paolo Cavallini <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> confirmed, so we are running out of names, after La Coruña.
>>
>> we'll find other ways.
> Just a hint... there was a little hackfest in Australia last year,
> with Nathan, Martin and myself.
>
> QGIS "Noosa" has a certain ring to it!
>
> Nyall
>
>> thanks.
>>

>> On 08/24/2018 04:52 PM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
>>
>> Thanks. If so, then 3.6 should be Zanzibar.
>>
>> Does anybody keep track of this?
>>
>> Cheers.
>>

>> On 08/24/2018 04:50 PM, Giovanni Manghi wrote:
>>

>> On Fri, Aug 24, 2018, 15:39 Paolo Cavallini <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> does anyone reminds where do we have a list of names for upcoming versions?
>>

>> Not sure where such list is, but just as reminder remember that we agreed with the Madeira regional government (for their contribution for the Funchal Dev meeting) that the upcoming 3.4 would be named "Madeira".
>>
>> Cheers!
>>

>> -- G --
>>

>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
>>> QGIS & PostGIS courses: http://www.faunalia.eu/training.html
>>> https://www.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=IT&q=qgis,arcgis

>> --
>> Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
>> QGIS & PostGIS courses: http://www.faunalia.eu/training.html
>> https://www.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=IT&q=qgis,arcgis

>> --
>> Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
>> QGIS & PostGIS courses: http://www.faunalia.eu/training.html
>> https://www.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=IT&q=qgis,arcgis

Re: Version names

Marco Bernasocchi-2
I absolutely second Andreas' view.

Qgis Noosa sounds great

cheers

On 30.08.2018 09:26, Nyall Dawson wrote:

> On Sat, 25 Aug 2018 at 01:01, Paolo Cavallini <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> confirmed, so we are running out of names, after La Coruña.
>>
>> we'll find other ways.
> Just a hint... there was a little hackfest in Australia last year,
> with Nathan, Martin and myself.
>
> QGIS "Noosa" has a certain ring to it!
>
> Nyall
>
>> thanks.
>>

>> On 08/24/2018 04:52 PM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
>>
>> Thanks. If so, then 3.6 should be Zanzibar.
>>
>> Does anybody keep track of this?
>>
>> Cheers.
>>

>> On 08/24/2018 04:50 PM, Giovanni Manghi wrote:
>>

>> On Fri, Aug 24, 2018, 15:39 Paolo Cavallini <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> does anyone reminds where do we have a list of names for upcoming versions?
>>

>> Not sure where such list is, but just as reminder remember that we agreed with the Madeira regional government (for their contribution for the Funchal Dev meeting) that the upcoming 3.4 would be named "Madeira".
>>
>> Cheers!
>>

>> -- G --
>>

>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
>>> QGIS & PostGIS courses: http://www.faunalia.eu/training.html
>>> https://www.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=IT&q=qgis,arcgis

>> --
>> Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
>> QGIS & PostGIS courses: http://www.faunalia.eu/training.html
>> https://www.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=IT&q=qgis,arcgis

>> --
>> Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
>> QGIS & PostGIS courses: http://www.faunalia.eu/training.html
>> https://www.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=IT&q=qgis,arcgis

Marco Bernasocchi

QGIS.org Co-chair
http://berna.io

Re: Version names

Régis Haubourg -2

And let me join here.

Thanks a lot for the awesome australian work. Noosa would be a great name!

Cheers,
Régis

On 30/08/2018 08:57, Marco Bernasocchi wrote:
[...]

Open Source GIS Expert / Water management

mail: [hidden email]
tél: <a style="color:#00001f;background-color:#ffffdf;-moz-border-radius:3px;cursor:pointer" title="Utiliser comme numéro" class="telified" nr="0033184257870" href="sip:0033184257870">0033 184 257 870

Re: Version names

pcav

+1

It's good to get less Eurocentric.

Thanks Nyall for suggesting it.

On 08/30/2018 10:26 AM, Régis Haubourg wrote:

[...]

tél: <a style="color:#00001f;background-color:#ffffdf;-moz-border-radius:3px;cursor:pointer" title="Utiliser comme numéro" class="telified" nr="0033184257870" href="sip:0033184257870" moz-do-not-send="true">0033 184 257 870
---------------------------------
http://oslandia.com/

OSLANDIA IS AN INNOVATIVE COMPANY SPECIALIZED IN GIS ARCHITECTURE. WE
PROVIDE SERVICE ON OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE FOR WHICH WE ARE EDITORS OR
RECOGNIZED EXPERTS.

Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu

Re: Version names

Anita Graser
Cool! So it would be 3.6 Noosa and 3.8 Zanzibar?

Regards,
Anita

On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 9:31 PM Paolo Cavallini <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

tél: 0033 184 257 870