Vector rendering status

Cameron Shorter
Status after the Australian shift:
1. I've renamed examples/wfs_features.html to examples/GML.html

2. I've created a Layer/GML.js class (used by the GML.html class). This
is based on the previous code in the example.

3. We can raise any issues with the Vector branch in Trac now. Chris has
created a milestone = "Vector RC1" which we can use to assign to our issues.

4. Raised ticked #395 "Remove dependancy upon Prototype.js"
http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/395#preview

5. For those interested in Mapbuilder, I've updated MapPaneOL so that it
loads a GML file defined in the Context into an OpenLayers Layer/Gml object.

6. I've created an examples/GMLTasmania.html which contains a sample of
GML2 lines, polygons, and points. At the moment, only some of the lines
are displayed. Our parser needs to process all feature types.

I'm about to have dinner soon, but will be back on later tonight - in
2hrs or so.

--
Cameron Shorter
http://cameron.shorter.net

Re: Vector rendering status

Pierre GIRAUD
I'm about to continue your work on GML. What is the best way. Do I try
to implement the handles for other geometries ? Or do you want me to
have a look at the mapBuilder GML parser (using xpath) and try to
reuse it in OL ?

Regards

Pierre

On 11/14/06, Cameron Shorter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Status after the Australian shift:
> 1. I've renamed examples/wfs_features.html to examples/GML.html
>
> 2. I've created a Layer/GML.js class (used by the GML.html class). This
> is based on the previous code in the example.
>
> 3. We can raise any issues with the Vector branch in Trac now. Chris has
> created a milestone = "Vector RC1" which we can use to assign to our issues.
>
> 4. Raised ticked #395 "Remove dependancy upon Prototype.js"
> http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/395#preview
>
> 5. For those interested in Mapbuilder, I've updated MapPaneOL so that it
> loads a GML file defined in the Context into an OpenLayers Layer/Gml object.
>
> 6. I've created an examples/GMLTasmania.html which contains a sample of
> GML2 lines, polygons, and points. At the moment, only some of the lines
> are displayed. Our parser needs to process all feature types.
>
> I'm about to have dinner soon, but will be back on later tonight - in
> 2hrs or so.
>

> --
> Cameron Shorter
> http://cameron.shorter.net

Re: Vector rendering status

Pierre GIRAUD
I just commited some modifications that have effects on several files.
It concerns the refactoring to get geometry as a feature property.
The Geometry class doesn't depend on Feature any more and attributes
related methods were moved to the Feature class.

To build a feature, one now needs to write something like :

var point = new OpenLayers.Geometry.Point(10,10);
var feature = new OpenLayers.Feature();
feature.setGeometry(point);  // this would also be done in the Feature
constructor
layer.addFeatures(feature);

Almost everything is still working, but the following functionnalities ain't :
 - the markers related methods in the feature class won't work (if they did),
 - the selection tool (in editing) is slightly broken, but Bertil and
I will pay attention to this.

Hope, this was a good choice.

Regards

Pierre