VRT with several Raw files

Fabien Dachicourt
Hi,
I would like to use a single VRT file to mosaic several Raw files.
The only way i found is creating one VRT describing each Raw file, and
creating a global VRT merging all others VRT.
Is it possible to mosaic directly several Raw files using a single VRT file,
including Raw descritption and mosaic ?

Thanks in advance,
Fabien

Re: VRT with several Raw files

Mario Beauchamp
Salut Fabien,

Fabien Dachicourt wrote:
> I would like to use a single VRT file to mosaic several Raw files.
> The only way i found is creating one VRT describing each Raw file, and
> creating a global VRT merging all others VRT.
> Is it possible to mosaic directly several Raw files using a single VRT file,
> including Raw descritption and mosaic ?

Some time ago, a modified version of gdal_merge.py to output a VRT file was posted on the list:
http://xserve.flids.com/pipermail/gdal-dev/2005-May/008605.html

(BTW, thank you Gabriel for this! It proved quite useful...)

However, I don't know if this will work with Raw files... I guess the only way to find out is to
try it :)

Let me know if this works for you.

A la prochaine!
--
Mario B.

Re: VRT with several Raw files

Fabien Dachicourt
Hi Mario,
this script can only merge images with cartographic header, so it cannot
work for Raws
It's quite normal, cause Raw file description must always be given
explicitly.

Actually, my question was :
    Does VRT syntax support description of several Raw tiles ?

Anyhow, thanks for your advice, this srcipt may be very usefull !

Fabien