V8 MapScript Support

Jonathan Beliën-2

Hello,

I'm struggling with how to add v8 support in MapServer.

I found http://mapserver.org/installation/v8.html but the install instructions for v8 are now different : https://github.com/v8/v8/wiki/Building-from-Source.

I successfully compiled v8 following the instructions ;
But I have no idea now how to compile MapServer with v8 support ;
I ran this command :

cmake -DWITH_V8=yes ..

but as excepted, I have this error : V8 JavaScript support requested but not found. !

I try to install the v8 library and include headers as defined in MapServer documentation but I couldn't find the libv8.so file.

Could someone help me or update the documentation ?
Thanks a lot !

Jonathan Beliën

GEO-6

Re: V8 MapScript Support

Lime, Steve D (MNIT)

So there is no V8 library file? That’s a problem. It has to be somewhere on your system (I’ve never tried V8 support though) – perhaps it’s a static library?

Re: V8 MapScript Support

Jonathan Beliën-2

Hello Steve,

I had some hope it would work but when the compilation arrives to compiling V8 support ; I have a bunch of errors I published the errors in a GitHub issue : https://github.com/mapserver/mapserver/issues/5484#issuecomment-333767267

Thanks for your help ;

Wish you a pleasant day.

Jonathan Beliën

GEO-6