Using tiles from another source

Moataz Elmasry-3
Hello List

First of all thank you very much for the tilecache project. It is really
serving me well for my offline map

As I understood, there are two methods to obtain the tiles in tilecache
1- tilecache caches the tiles while browsing the map
2- use the seed_tiles script to generate tiles

But in both cases, I have to generate the tiles myself. But I know that
these tiles are already available on OSM for download, for example with
downloadmaptiles.pl script availabe through

http://search.cpan.org/~rotkraut/Geo-OSM-Tiles-0.02/downloadosmtiles.pl

But the downloaded folder structure is different than that used by
tilecache. My question is now is there a method to download tiles using
tilecache or a simple way to convert the folder structure of tiles from
another known tiles downloader for instance?

Best regards and thanks
Moataz