Using SAGA Terrain Analysis - Hydrology

Anthony Greenish

Hello

Thanks

greeton

Re: Using SAGA Terrain Analysis - Hydrology

Christophe Bayle-2
Hi Anthony,

Got exactly the same problem few days ago trying to use these tools as well.
The only work around i found was to install an older version of QGIS. (3.4.2 worked for a while, but then i got the same error.... so i finished using 2.18)
Please let me know if you end up understanding the issue :)

All the best,
C.

On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 6:04 PM Anthony Greenish <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello

Thanks

greeton

Christophe Bayle
Ecumène Cartographie

Email: [hidden email]
Tél: +33 6.64.91.64.85

Re: Using SAGA Terrain Analysis - Hydrology

Philip Barlow

Hi Anthony,

A temporary work around would be fire up SAGA itself and run fill sinks from there? Then heading back into QGIS or, if you can, completing the rest of your workflow there. I’ve had the exact same error before and similar errors when trying to use some of the other tools in the past but the processes have always worked in SAGA.

Phil

Got exactly the same problem few days ago trying to use these tools as well.

The only work around i found was to install an older version of QGIS. (3.4.2 worked for a while, but then i got the same error.... so i finished using 2.18)

Please let me know if you end up understanding the issue :)

All the best,

C.

On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 6:04 PM Anthony Greenish <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello

Thanks

greeton

Christophe Bayle
Ecumène Cartographie

Email: [hidden email]
Tél: +33 6.64.91.64.85

Mae'r Awdurdod yn hapus i gyfathrebu yn Gymraeg neu yn Saesneg

The Authority is happy to communicate in Welsh or English

Follow us on Twitter
Join us on Facebook
Watch us on Youtube
Look at us on Flickr

This email and any attached files should only be read by those persons to whom
they are addressed and be used by them only for their intended purpose.
If you are not the intended recipient please destroy all copies and inform the
sender by return email.

Please note that the contents of this email may be subject to public disclosure
under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and therefore the confidentiality of
this message and any reply cannot be guaranteed.

Click here to view PCNPA Privacy Notice � Keeping your Information Safe

For further information on the PCNPA please visit our website at www.pembrokeshirecoast.org.uk

Dim ond y personau hynny yr anfonwyd yr e-bost hwn atynt ac unrhyw ffeiliau sydd
ynghlwm ddylid eu darllen, a dim ond hwy ddylid eu defnyddio at y diben y bwriadwyd hwy.
Os nad y chi yw'r person y bwriadwyd eu derbyn a fyddech gystal � dinistrio pob copi a rhoi
gwybod i'r anfonwr gyda throad yr e-bost.

Noder os gwelwch yn dda y gall cynnwys yr e-bost hwn orfod cael ei ddatgelu i'r cyhoedd o
dan Deddf Rhyddid Gwybodaeth 2000 ac felly ni ellir gwarantu cyfrinachedd y neges hon
nac unrhyw ateb.

Cliciwch yma i weld Hysbysiad Preifatrwydd APCAP - Cadw eich Gwybodaeth yn Ddiogel

Am ragor o wybodaeth am APCAP ymwelwch �'n gwefan ar www.arfordirpenfro.org.uk

Ystyrier yr amgylchedd cyn argraffu'r e-bost hwn os gwelwch yn dda.

Re: Using SAGA Terrain Analysis - Hydrology

elcin tan
Hello All,

I had the same problem and I solved it with the help of William.
I installed the versions of both 2.1 and 2.2 of GDAL which SAGA uses and then I made a clean installation for QGIS3.4.

Hope it helps.
Best,
Elçin

On Mon, Jan 21, 2019 at 8:04 PM Anthony Greenish <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello

Thanks

greeton

Re: Using SAGA Terrain Analysis - Hydrology

Philip Barlow

Hi Anthony,

SAGA outputs SDAT grids that can be opened in QGIS, just drag and drop onto the canvas. You can convert them to whatever format you prefer after that.

Phil

I tried your suggestion and did the Fill function in Saga which worked. The problem is how do I take the grids created into QGis?

For further information on the PCNPA please visit our website at www.pembrokeshirecoast.org.uk

Dim ond y personau hynny yr anfonwyd yr e-bost hwn atynt ac unrhyw ffeiliau sydd
ynghlwm ddylid eu darllen, a dim ond hwy ddylid eu defnyddio at y diben y bwriadwyd hwy.
Os nad y chi yw'r person y bwriadwyd eu derbyn a fyddech gystal inistrio pob copi a rhoi

Am ragor o wybodaeth am APCAP ymwelwch gwefan ar www.arfordirpenfro.org.uk

[...]

Lene Fischer

Hi Nyall,

Why is it only possible to save the raster as a SDAT. Previously we could save as TIF.

Regards

Lene

SAGA outputs SDAT grids that can be opened in QGIS, just drag and drop onto the canvas. You can convert them to whatever format you prefer after that.

Phil

I tried your suggestion and did the Fill function in Saga which worked. The problem is how do I take the grids created into QGis?

A temporary work around would be fire up SAGA itself and run fill sinks from there? Then heading back into QGIS or, if you can, completing the rest of your workflow there. I’ve had the exact same error before and similar errors when trying to use some of the other tools in the past but the processes have always worked in SAGA.

Phil

Re: Using SAGA Terrain Analysis - Hydrology

Alexander Bruy
Hi Lene,

this was intended change to prevent possible data loss during format conversion
and interpolation.

вт, 29 січ. 2019 о 20:21 Lene Fischer <[hidden email]> пише: