Using Oracle with ms4w

Juan Camilo Velásquez Londoño
Hi all.

I am trying to do a test application with mapscript java (servlets) with oracle 9i in windows (MS4W), the test was done with a mapfile.

I installed ms4w in c:\ as indicated in the instructions, then I copied the core dll to windows\system32 to make then avaivable to tomcat 5 and the mapscript.jar in the application context, the applications works well in tomcat because I can see a map created with a mapfile includinh shape layers.

When I try an oracle layer there is not an error message, simply it does not work.

The ms4w is configured to work with oracle spatial ?,

This is the mapfile
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MAP
    NAME USA1
    STATUS ON
    SIZE 800 500
    IMAGETYPE PNG
    IMAGECOLOR 240 240 240
    SHAPEPATH "D:\u01\data\maps\V1.5"
    EXTENT -78 -4 -70 10
    UNITS dd
    PROJECTION
  "proj=latlong"  "ellps=WGS84"  "datum=WGS84"
    END
    WEB
        IMAGEPATH "/var/www/html/tmp/"
        IMAGEURL "/tmp/"
    END
    LAYER
    NAME CAJEROS
    TYPE POINT
    CONNECTIONTYPE oraclespatial
    CONNECTION [hidden email]
    DATA "EPR_GEOLOC FROM SELECT EPR_GEOLOC FROM ELEMENTOS_PORTAL WHERE EPR_TEP_ID = 2 USING SRID 8307"
    DUMP TRUE
    CLASS
     STYLE
       OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
       COLOR 0 128 128
     END
    END
  END
END

Re: Using Oracle with ms4w

Jeff McKenna-2
Did you follow the instructions in the readme?
http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml?page=README_INSTALL.html#oracle-10g

(note that this is for Oracle 10g)

jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
DM Solutions Group Inc.

Re: Using Oracle with ms4w

Jeff McKenna-2
actually i'm not a java mapscript user, so I'm really of no help.

--
Jeff McKenna
DM Solutions Group Inc.

Re: Using Oracle with ms4w

Jeff McKenna-2
Thinking more on this - java, python, and csharp builds are built
without oracle or oraclespatial support (and this is not mentioned
anywhere in the docs).  So for now you won't be able to access oracle,
sorry.

--
Jeff McKenna
DM Solutions Group Inc.

Re: Using Oracle with ms4w

Juan Camilo Velásquez Londoño
Hi Jeff.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I followed this nstructions, but it did not work at all, it did not return any error message.

Currently I am trying to compile mapserver with oracle support from source.

Juan Camilo Velásquez L.
Mapas y Datos S.A.