Using GRASS addons in R on Windows

pvanbosgeo
In Windows running R from within GRASS (latter installed via OSGeo4W)
works fine, except that it can't seem to find the GRASS addons I
installed (with g.extension), not using rgrass7 nor directly using
system(). On Linux this is no problem, I can run any installed addon.
Any ideas how to solve this?

Rgds

Paulo

Re: Using GRASS addons in R on Windows

Helmut Kudrnovsky
pvanbosgeo wrote
In Windows running R from within GRASS (latter installed via OSGeo4W)
works fine, except that it can't seem to find the GRASS addons I
installed (with g.extension), not using rgrass7 nor directly using
system(). On Linux this is no problem, I can run any installed addon.
Any ideas how to solve this?
what does echo %PATH% in the osgeo4w shell within the winGRASS session print?

is the e.g. C:\Users\xy\AppData\Roaming\GRASS7\addons\bin included?
best regards
Helmut

Re: Using GRASS addons in R on Windows

pvanbosgeo

On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 10:39 AM, Helmut Kudrnovsky <[hidden email]> wrote:
pvanbosgeo wrote
> In Windows running R from within GRASS (latter installed via OSGeo4W)
> works fine, except that it can't seem to find the GRASS addons I
> installed (with g.extension), not using rgrass7 nor directly using
> system(). On Linux this is no problem, I can run any installed addon.
> Any ideas how to solve this?

what does echo %PATH% in the osgeo4w shell within the winGRASS session
print?

is the e.g. C:\Users\xy\AppData\Roaming\GRASS7\addons\bin included?

The following is included in the PATH:
C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-7.0.2\lib
C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-7.0.2\bin
C:\Users\Jeannette\AppData\Roaming\GRASS7\addons\bin
C:\OSGeo4W\apps\msys\bin
C:\OSGeo4W\bin;
C:\WINDOWS\system32
C:\WINDOWS
C:\WINDOWS\WBem
C:\OSGeo4W\apps\msys\bin
C:\OSGeo4W\apps\Python27\Scripts;
C:\Program Files\RStudio\bin

-----
best regards
Helmut

Re: Using GRASS addons in R on Windows

Helmut Kudrnovsky
pvanbosgeo wrote
On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 10:39 AM, Helmut Kudrnovsky <[hidden email]> wrote:

> pvanbosgeo wrote
> > In Windows running R from within GRASS (latter installed via OSGeo4W)
> > works fine, except that it can't seem to find the GRASS addons I
> > installed (with g.extension), not using rgrass7 nor directly using
> > system(). On Linux this is no problem, I can run any installed addon.
> > Any ideas how to solve this?
>
> what does echo %PATH% in the osgeo4w shell within the winGRASS session
> print?
>
> is the e.g. C:\Users\xy\AppData\Roaming\GRASS7\addons\bin included?

The following is included in the PATH:
C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-7.0.2\lib
C:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-7.0.2\bin
C:\Users\Jeannette\AppData\Roaming\GRASS7\addons\bin
C:\OSGeo4W\apps\msys\bin
C:\OSGeo4W\bin;
C:\WINDOWS\system32
C:\WINDOWS
C:\WINDOWS\WBem
C:\OSGeo4W\apps\msys\bin
C:\OSGeo4W\apps\Python27\Scripts;
C:\Program Files\RStudio\bin

> -----
> best regards
> Helmut
> --
a quick test here with a py and an exe addon:

r.basin.py

> execGRASS("r.basin", map="elevation", map="elevation", prefix="v", coordinates="637500.0,221750.0", dir="C:\tmp", threshold=1000)
Error in system(cmd0, intern = TRUE) : 'r.basin.exe' not found
Error in parseGRASS(cmd, legacyExec = legacyExec) : r.basin not found

r.stream.order.exe

> execGRASS("r.sream.order")
Error in system(cmd0, intern = TRUE) : 'r.sream.order.exe' not found
Error in parseGRASS(cmd, legacyExec = legacyExec) :
  r.sream.order not found

so maybe a question for the GRASS Statistics mailing List?
best regards
Helmut

Re: Using GRASS addons in R on Windows

Helmut Kudrnovsky
pvanbosgeo wrote
In Windows running R from within GRASS (latter installed via OSGeo4W)
works fine, except that it can't seem to find the GRASS addons I
installed (with g.extension), not using rgrass7 nor directly using
system(). On Linux this is no problem, I can run any installed addon.
Any ideas how to solve this?
see also the discussion on GRASS Statistics mailing List
best regards
Helmut

Re: Using GRASS addons in R on Windows

pvanbosgeo

On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 10:29 AM, Helmut Kudrnovsky <[hidden email]> wrote:
pvanbosgeo wrote
> In Windows running R from within GRASS (latter installed via OSGeo4W)
> works fine, except that it can't seem to find the GRASS addons I
> installed (with g.extension), not using rgrass7 nor directly using
> system(). On Linux this is no problem, I can run any installed addon.
> Any ideas how to solve this?

see also the discussion on GRASS Statistics mailing List

Helmut, thanks for following this up. I am following the discussion there. Not sure I can be of any help at this point; I am on Linux, but hit this issue because I am helping out somebody on Windows. But if at some point relevant I am glad to test.

-----
best regards
Helmut

Re: Using GRASS addons in R on Windows

Helmut Kudrnovsky
pvanbosgeo wrote
On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 10:29 AM, Helmut Kudrnovsky <[hidden email]> wrote:

> pvanbosgeo wrote
> > In Windows running R from within GRASS (latter installed via OSGeo4W)
> > works fine, except that it can't seem to find the GRASS addons I
> > installed (with g.extension), not using rgrass7 nor directly using
> > system(). On Linux this is no problem, I can run any installed addon.
> > Any ideas how to solve this?
>
> see also the discussion on GRASS Statistics mailing List

Helmut, thanks for following this up. I am following the discussion there.
Not sure I can be of any help at this point; I am on Linux, but hit this
issue because I am helping out somebody on Windows. But if at some point
relevant I am glad to test.

> -----
> best regards
> Helmut

a new rgrass7 version is now on CRAN, testing welcome
best regards
Helmut

Re: Using GRASS addons in R on Windows

Helmut Kudrnovsky
pvanbosgeo wrote
In Windows running R from within GRASS (latter installed via OSGeo4W)
works fine, except that it can't seem to find the GRASS addons I
installed (with g.extension), not using rgrass7 nor directly using
system(). On Linux this is no problem, I can run any installed addon.
Any ideas how to solve this?

Rgds

Paulo
See
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-stats/2016-January/001630.html

will be fixed in an upcoming rgrass7 version.
best regards
Helmut