Using Fusion with visual studio and C#

emile
Is it possible to use fusion with visual studio c# web sites ?

I already have a working php solution, that needs to be updated and I would like to be able to write the new project in visual studio mvc 5 etc.

I would really appreciate a working example that works, I found a few examples for earlier versions of visual studio but didnt get any of those to work.

Regards,
Emil

Re: Using Fusion with visual studio and C#

Jackie Ng
Please note that the front-end bits of Fusion is all JavaScript.

The backend stuff that your Fusion application interfaces with via InvokeURL widgets or renders content in the Task Pane can be built in any language you want.

In the case of MVC, just make sure that whatever controller actions you have can accept/recognize the following parameters that are passed to it from any InvokeURL widget:

 - session
 - mapname

(session) is there so you can authenticate, make a MgSiteConnection to access the various services in the MapGuide API.
(mapname) is there so you can open a MgMap and manipulate its layer/groups.

Ultimately, Fusion does not care about the backend it (AJAX request / Invoke URL) into. It just passes and session id and a map name and hopes the backend knows what to do with those parameters.

- Jackie

Re: Using Fusion with visual studio and C#

emile
Yes I know about the javascript bit.

Ive been trying to load maps we have already info a visual studio web page, it works with the sheboygan demo that comes with mapguide but when I try custom maps it just shows a blue square, quite frustrating.

so some sort of visual studio example would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.
Emil

Re: Using Fusion with visual studio and C#

emile
I need a simple web solution example in visual studio c# that works.

Ive tried numerous examples that are .net but none seem to work endless crap
errors.

I just need an example that opens the sheboygan example and displays that in
a web page in visual studio.
Surely that must be somewhere.

Ive spent days on trying to get this to work and its quite frustrating.

Regards,
Emil

Re: Using Fusion with visual studio and C#

emile
I tried using a nuget package called : mapguide web extension api (x64)

I added, and copied the webconfig.ini from my mapguide osgeo installation

MapGuideApi.MgInitializeWebTier(@"webconfig.ini");

I get the following error on that MgInitializeWebTier

{"Unable to load DLL 'WebUnmanagedApi': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)"}

any ideas ?

Regards,
Emil