Using Figures Generated with QGIS Software

Using Figures Generated with QGIS Software

Chung01 Daniel

Hello QGIS,

Are we allowed to use figures generated with your software in a published manuscript? Are there any restrictions?

Thank you!
Dan

Re: Using Figures Generated with QGIS Software

Andreas Neumann-4

Hi Dan,

We had this question come up in the past.

There are certainly no restrictions. There may be usage restrictions on the data you use, but certainly not a restriction from QGIS as a software.

A couple weeks ago, we had a very similar question, because some Journal told authors that they need to ask the QGIS.ORG project for permission. This is of course nonsense.

I don't know why the academic community came up with the idea that the usage of QGIS comes with restrictions on what you can publish or not.

Please tell anyone else who is in doubt, that QGIS does not put any restrictions on you - on the contrary - we want to empower people to publish their projects wherever they want to.

Andreas Neumann
QGIS.ORG board member

On 2018-07-05 15:42, Chung01 Daniel wrote:

Hello QGIS,

Are we allowed to use figures generated with your software in a published manuscript? Are there any restrictions?

Thank you!
Dan

Re: Using Figures Generated with QGIS Software

pcav
Hi all.
Frankly I don't understand the point. Nobody would think of this for a word processor, a spreadsheet, or a statistical program, right?
All the best.

On 2018-07-05 15:42, Chung01 Daniel wrote:

Hello QGIS,

Are we allowed to use figures generated with your software in a published manuscript? Are there any restrictions?

Thank you!
Dan

Sorry for being short