User-defined SRS?

dblasby
Geoserver should be still using the epgs.properties file inside the
gt2-epsg.jar file.

We haven't moved to the hsql version.  If you're using the hsql version,
then you'll have to ask on the geotool-devel list since I dont know how
to add to that one.

dave

Re: User-defined SRS?

Alex Petkov

Geoserver should be still using the epgs.properties file inside the
gt2-epsg.jar file.

We haven't moved to the hsql version.  If you're using the hsql version,
then you'll have to ask on the geotool-devel list since I dont know how
to add to that one.

dave

Dave:

Thanks for looking into this. I am using the WCS branch and it contains gt2-epsg-h.jar in WEB-INF/lib

I downloaded the RC3 archive but it also uses the gt2-epsg-h.jar.

Alex

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by: Power Architecture Resource Center: Free content, downloads, discussions, and more. http://solutions.newsforge.com/ibmarch.tmpl _______________________________________________ Geoserver-users mailing list [hidden email] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/geoserver-users

Re: User-defined SRS?

Alex Petkov

===================

Geoserver should be still using the epgs.properties file inside the
gt2-epsg.jar file.

We haven't moved to the hsql version.  If you're using the hsql version,
then you'll have to ask on the geotool-devel list since I dont know how
to add to that one.

dave

===================

I figured out how to add an entry in the HSQL EPSG database. Crude way, by adding "insert" statements in the EPSG.sql file, but it works.

 Would anyone think that a wiki entry would be useful?

If so, I will write one.

Alex

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by: Power Architecture Resource Center: Free content, downloads, discussions, and more. http://solutions.newsforge.com/ibmarch.tmpl _______________________________________________ Geoserver-users mailing list [hidden email] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/geoserver-users

Re: User-defined SRS?

dblasby
>I figured out how to add an entry in the HSQL EPSG database. Crude way,
>by adding "insert" statements in the EPSG.sql file, but it works.
>
> Would anyone think that a wiki entry would be useful?
>
>If so, I will write one.

Yes - that would be great!  You should have martin
([hidden email]) take a look at it since he is the
CRS expert and will be able to tell if what you're doing is correct.

dave

Re: User-defined SRS?

Martin Desruisseaux-2
[hidden email] a écrit :
>> I figured out how to add an entry in the HSQL EPSG database. Crude way,
>> by adding "insert" statements in the EPSG.sql file, but it works.

Actually, if you believe that it may be usefull, we could add some API
like "addCoordinateReferenceSystem" in CRSAuthorityFactory (or maybe in
some subclass like WritableCRSAuthorityFactory). The authority factory
could take care of translating an arbitrary CoordinateReferenceSystem
object into the right sequence of "INSERT INTO" statements. Implementing
this feature would requires a significant effort, but it may be a good
idea to open a JIRA task if you believe that it is worth.

        Martin.