User Administrator in mapbender 3.0.6.0

Thomas Baschetti-2
Hi,

i'm trying to implement a user administrator, but somehow i'm stuck

What i want:
- Application (name: app1): no problem
- a couple of users: no problem
- a group (name: myusergroup) of users with access to this application: no problem
- a group of adminstrators for these users (name:mygroupadmin)

what i can achieve:
- users in the group mygroupadmin can view/edit/delete users of myusergroup

Problem is giving the right to create users. Without 'owner' in ACL-> User no Username can be given. With this right the mygroupadmin can edit any user (even root), which is of course not what i want.

What am i missing?

Thomas

--
Thomas Baschetti - Systemanalyse Geographische Informationssysteme Hakenstraße 8D 49074 Osnabrück Tel: 0541 25 91 90 | mobil 01577 189 25 91 E-Mail: [hidden email] www.thomas-baschetti.de Ust-IdNr.: DE264355072

Re: User Administrator in mapbender 3.0.6.0

Astrid Emde (WhereGroup)
Hello Thomas,

I tried to reproduce the behaviour and you are right.

With right edit no username can bedefine -> input field for username is
not editable

Looks like a bug in Mapbender.

Could you please create a bug ticket at

https://github.com/mapbender/mapbender/issues

Please discribe the workflow and maybe add screenshots.

Hope to see you in Bonn in March!

Astrid

Am 2018-01-09 11:35, schrieb Thomas Baschetti:

> Hi,
>
> i'm trying to implement a user administrator, but somehow i'm stuck
>
> What i want:
> - Application (name: app1): no problem
> - a couple of users: no problem
>
> - a group (name: myusergroup) of users with access to this
> application: no problem
> - a group of adminstrators for these users (name:mygroupadmin)
>
> what i can achieve:
> - users in the group mygroupadmin can view/edit/delete users of
> myusergroup
>
> Problem is giving the right to create users. Without 'owner' in ACL->
> User no Username can be given. With this right the mygroupadmin can
> edit any user (even root), which is of course not what i want.
>
> What am i missing?
>
> Thomas
>
> --
>
> Thomas Baschetti - Systemanalyse Geographische Informationssysteme
> Hakenstraße 8D
> 49074 Osnabrück
>
> Tel: 0541 25 91 90 | mobil 01577 189 25 91
> E-Mail: [hidden email]
> www.thomas-baschetti.de [1]
> Ust-IdNr.: DE264355072
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1] http://www.thomas-baschetti.de/

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Astrid Emde
GIS-Consultant

-----------------------------------
Aufwind durch Wissen!
Qualifizierte Open-Source-Schulungen
bei der www.foss-academy.com
-----------------------------------

  Astrid Emde
  WhereGroup GmbH & Co.KG
  Eifelstraße 7
  53119 Bonn
  Germany

  Fon: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 22
  Fax: +49(0)228 90 90 38 - 11

  [hidden email]
  www.wheregroup.com

  Folgen Sie der WhereGroup auf twitter:
http://twitter.com/WhereGroup_com

Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6788

Re: User Administrator in mapbender 3.0.6.0

Axel Schaefer
Hi Thomas.

Happy new year. :-) I - for myself - cannot reproduce this
behaviour. Can you give me the inputs:

- mygroupadmin: Has some users. Which ACL-rights?
- myusergroup: Has some other users. Which ACL-rights?
- Application: You add mygroupadmin, but which Applications-rights?
- Application: You add myusergroup, but which Applications-rights?

What happens, which is unexpected?

- You can view/edit/delete users of myusergroup, if the logged in user
  is in mygroupadmin.

- You can also edit all users. This is not what you expect to happen?

You expect to:

- That you can only view/edit/delete some users? But not all?

Is this the case? Can you give some information about your
configuration? Like UserA in mygroupadmin with ACL master in Users,
UserB in myusergroup, etc. Something like that.

That would be kind to reproduce. It seems like a workflow thing, but I
cannot tell it right now. Thanks so far.

Axel

--
Axel Schaefer
WhereGroup GmbH & Co. KG

Fon: +49 (0)228 / 90 90 38 - 23
Fax: +49 (0)228 / 90 90 38 - 11

[hidden email]
www.wheregroup.com | www.mapbender.org | www.meldemax.com
Amtsgericht Bonn, HRA 6788

Re: User Administrator in mapbender 3.0.6.0

Thomas Baschetti-2
I will document my steps and try it with the most recent version over the weekend.

Thomas