Use Kakadu "apps library" (#4116)

Bugbuster
Dear all,

A few days ago, I have updated a rather old ticket (#4116, 6 years old).
I was just wondering if this update had been noticed, since I didn't want to open a new ticket.

Thanks
Philippe

Re: Use Kakadu "apps library" (#4116)

Even Rouault-2

Hi Philippe,

> A few days ago, I have updated a rather old ticket ( #4116

> <https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/4116> , 6 years old).

> I was just wondering if this update had been noticed, since I didn't want to

> open a new ticket.

Not sure I noticed it, but I see

https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/6940 and the attached patch. It looks like #6940

is the cumulative patch for #4116 + building as a plugin, right ?

It seems your patch might break people using older Kakadu versions ?

Do you know what is the minimum one for which your patch can work ?

At least for documentation purposes (in which case, could you update the

nmake.opt line "# Uncomment and adjust paths if you have Kakadu 6.0 or newer

with the appropriate version)

Are people using Kakadu on Windows OK with that change ? If so, I'll (blindly, because of the

Windows + Kakadu combo) apply the patch of #6940 in trunk.

Ah, actually one thing to fix in

https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/attachment/ticket/6940/gdal_kakadu_as_a_dynamic_plugin.patch

is to comment with # the KAK related lines. Otherwise this will break compilation for

default builds not using Kakadu. Would you mind updating it ?

Even

http://www.spatialys.com

Re: Use Kakadu "apps library" (#4116)

Bugbuster
Dear Even,

Thanks so much for your express answer.

I believe one may take #4116 and #6940 independently. But it might indeed be better to get both patches.

I am not 100% sure which Kakadu version is OK to apply  #4116. At least, it works for Kakadu V7.9.1.
Thus, I will update the patch to mention this version for the dynamic plugin option.
Philippe

Re: Use Kakadu "apps library" (#4116)

Bugbuster
Sorry, I forgot tomention that I work under Windows.
So, yes the patch also applies to Windows environment.

Philippe

On jeudi 6 juillet 2017 10:37:32 CEST Even Rouault wrote:

> Hi Philippe,

> > A few days ago, I have updated a rather old ticket ( #4116

> > <https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/4116> , 6 years old).

> > I was just wondering if this update had been noticed, since I didn't want

> > to open a new ticket.

> Not sure I noticed it, but I see

> https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/6940 and the attached patch. It looks

> like #6940 is the cumulative patch for #4116 + building as a plugin, right

> ?

> It seems your patch might break people using older Kakadu versions ?

> Do you know what is the minimum one for which your patch can work ?

> At least for documentation purposes (in which case, could you update the

> nmake.opt line "# Uncomment and adjust paths if you have Kakadu 6.0 or newer

> with the appropriate version)

> Are people using Kakadu on Windows OK with that change ? If so, I'll

> (blindly, because of the Windows + Kakadu combo) apply the patch of #6940

> in trunk.

> Ah, actually one thing to fix in

> https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/attachment/ticket/6940/gdal_kakadu_as_a_dynamic_

> plugin.patch is to comment with # the KAK related lines. Otherwise this will

> break compilation for default builds not using Kakadu. Would you mind

> updating it ?

I've committed the updated version of the patch (which keeps a way of building the driver with the old way for older Kakadu)

Even

http://www.spatialys.com