Urgent: Renewed Motion reg Component 1 Acceptance

Urgent: Renewed Motion reg Component 1 Acceptance

Marc Vloemans-3
Dear Committee colleagues,

As I and many of you have missed Jody's motion to accept/decline the delivery of Component 1 for the website and rebrand project, I put the motion again before you as this is literally the last step before we can wrap up this 12-months project and pay the contractor for their well-done services. (And if this is not the right process step according the rule book....frankly....I couldn't care less....I just want some sort of consensus and honor and finish the hard work of the last 12 months)

We have completed our review of styleguide-osgeo.pdf https://github.com/OSGeo/osgeo/blob/master/marketing/branding/styleguide-osgeo.pdf
which was the last remaining item for component 1 acceptance.

Motion: Accept Component 1 - Branding and Online Style Guide

I ask that this motion be held open until Tuesday November 14th,
In case we again don't have a 50% response rate, I advice that Jody takes the executive decision to accept the Component 1 Style Guide delivery. Not the most elegant way, but a way. So even if you feel that you have not enough information please vote.

A summary of all the deliverables:
 - strategy - previously accepted
 - logo's redesign - previously accepted
 - style guide - to be accepted

I don't want this critical last step of a year-long painfully laborious process to be the next OSGeo-related-energy-sucker for those that have put in their blood, sweat and tears.

> > Committee members:
> >
> >    - Peter Batty
> >    - Nicolas Bozon
> >    - Arnulf Christl
> >    - Astrid Emde
> >    - Jody Garnett
> >    - Harrison Grundy
> >    - Jeff Johnson
> >    - Alex Mandel
> >    - Peter Mooney
> >    - Cameron Shorter
> >    - Guido Stein
> >    - Marc Vloemans

Happy voting y'all!

As I and many of you have missed Jody's motion to accept/decline the delivery of Component 1 for the website and rebrand project, I put the motion again before you as this is literally the last step before we can wrap up this 12-months project and pay the contractor for their well-done services. (And if this is not the right process step according the rule book....frankly....I couldn't care less....I just want some sort of consensus and honor and finish the hard work of the last 12 months)

We have completed our review of styleguide-osgeo.pdf https://github.com/OSGeo/osgeo/blob/master/marketing/branding/styleguide-osgeo.pdf
which was the last remaining item for component 1 acceptance.

Motion: Accept Component 1 - Branding and Online Style Guide

I ask that this motion be held open until Tuesday November 14th,
In case we again don't have a 50% response rate, I advice that Jody takes the executive decision to accept the Component 1 Style Guide delivery. Not the most elegant way, but a way. So even if you feel that you have not enough information please vote.

A summary of all the deliverables:
 - strategy - previously accepted
 - logo's redesign - previously accepted
 - style guide - to be accepted

I don't want this critical last step of a year-long painfully laborious process to be the next OSGeo-related-energy-sucker for those that have put in their blood, sweat and tears.

> > Committee members:
> >
> >    - Peter Batty
> >    - Nicolas Bozon
> >    - Arnulf Christl
> >    - Astrid Emde
> >    - Jody Garnett
> >    - Harrison Grundy
> >    - Jeff Johnson
> >    - Alex Mandel
> >    - Peter Mooney
> >    - Cameron Shorter
> >    - Guido Stein
> >    - Marc Vloemans

Happy voting y'all!

Kind regards,

Marc Vloemans

Mobile <a href="tel:+31(0)651844262">+31(0)651 844262
LinkedIn: http://nl.linkedin.com/in/marcvloemans
Twitter: http://twitter.com/marcvloemans

Re: Urgent: Renewed Motion reg Component 1 Acceptance

jody.garnett
+1 happy to accept style guide

The style guide is great, any remaining feedback was on how to use it, or glitches which was not provided early enough to fix

--
Jody Garnett

On 7 November 2017 at 14:00, Marc VLOEMANS <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Committee colleagues,

As I and many of you have missed Jody's motion to accept/decline the delivery of Component 1 for the website and rebrand project, I put the motion again before you as this is literally the last step before we can wrap up this 12-months project and pay the contractor for their well-done services. (And if this is not the right process step according the rule book....frankly....I couldn't care less....I just want some sort of consensus and honor and finish the hard work of the last 12 months)

We have completed our review of styleguide-osgeo.pdf https://github.com/OSGeo/osgeo/blob/master/marketing/branding/styleguide-osgeo.pdf
which was the last remaining item for component 1 acceptance.

Motion: Accept Component 1 - Branding and Online Style Guide

I ask that this motion be held open until Tuesday November 14th,
In case we again don't have a 50% response rate, I advice that Jody takes the executive decision to accept the Component 1 Style Guide delivery. Not the most elegant way, but a way. So even if you feel that you have not enough information please vote.

A summary of all the deliverables:
 - strategy - previously accepted
 - logo's redesign - previously accepted
 - style guide - to be accepted

I don't want this critical last step of a year-long painfully laborious process to be the next OSGeo-related-energy-sucker for those that have put in their blood, sweat and tears.

> > Committee members:
> >
> >    - Peter Batty
> >    - Nicolas Bozon
> >    - Arnulf Christl
> >    - Astrid Emde
> >    - Jody Garnett
> >    - Harrison Grundy
> >    - Jeff Johnson
> >    - Alex Mandel
> >    - Peter Mooney
> >    - Cameron Shorter
> >    - Guido Stein
> >    - Marc Vloemans

Happy voting y'all!

Re: Urgent: Renewed Motion reg Component 1 Acceptance

Peter Mooney
+1 very happy to accept the style guide. It is great to be here at this point! Well done everyone!

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 11:07 PM, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1 happy to accept style guide

The style guide is great, any remaining feedback was on how to use it, or glitches which was not provided early enough to fix

--
Jody Garnett

On 7 November 2017 at 14:00, Marc VLOEMANS <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Committee colleagues,

As I and many of you have missed Jody's motion to accept/decline the delivery of Component 1 for the website and rebrand project, I put the motion again before you as this is literally the last step before we can wrap up this 12-months project and pay the contractor for their well-done services. (And if this is not the right process step according the rule book....frankly....I couldn't care less....I just want some sort of consensus and honor and finish the hard work of the last 12 months)

We have completed our review of styleguide-osgeo.pdf https://github.com/OSGeo/osgeo/blob/master/marketing/branding/styleguide-osgeo.pdf
which was the last remaining item for component 1 acceptance.

Motion: Accept Component 1 - Branding and Online Style Guide

I ask that this motion be held open until Tuesday November 14th,
In case we again don't have a 50% response rate, I advice that Jody takes the executive decision to accept the Component 1 Style Guide delivery. Not the most elegant way, but a way. So even if you feel that you have not enough information please vote.

A summary of all the deliverables:
 - strategy - previously accepted
 - logo's redesign - previously accepted
 - style guide - to be accepted

I don't want this critical last step of a year-long painfully laborious process to be the next OSGeo-related-energy-sucker for those that have put in their blood, sweat and tears.

> > Committee members:
> >
> >    - Peter Batty
> >    - Nicolas Bozon
> >    - Arnulf Christl
> >    - Astrid Emde
> >    - Jody Garnett
> >    - Harrison Grundy
> >    - Jeff Johnson
> >    - Alex Mandel
> >    - Peter Mooney
> >    - Cameron Shorter
> >    - Guido Stein
> >    - Marc Vloemans

Happy voting y'all!

Re: Urgent: Renewed Motion reg Component 1 Acceptance

Jeffrey Johnson
+1

On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 12:09 AM, Jeffrey Johnson <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 3:07 PM, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
> +1 happy to accept style guide
>
> The style guide is great, any remaining feedback was on how to use it, or
> glitches which was not provided early enough to fix
>
> --
> Jody Garnett
>
> On 7 November 2017 at 14:00, Marc VLOEMANS <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Dear Committee colleagues,
>>
>> As I and many of you have missed Jody's motion to accept/decline the
>> delivery of Component 1 for the website and rebrand project, I put the
>> motion again before you as this is literally the last step before we can
>> wrap up this 12-months project and pay the contractor for their well-done
>> services. (And if this is not the right process step according the rule
>> book....frankly....I couldn't care less....I just want some sort of
>> consensus and honor and finish the hard work of the last 12 months)
>>
>> We have completed our review of styleguide-osgeo.pdf
>> https://github.com/OSGeo/osgeo/blob/master/marketing/branding/styleguide-osgeo.pdf
>> which was the last remaining item for component 1 acceptance.
>>
>> Motion: Accept Component 1 - Branding and Online Style Guide
>>
>> I ask that this motion be held open until Tuesday November 14th,
>> In case we again don't have a 50% response rate, I advice that Jody takes
>> the executive decision to accept the Component 1 Style Guide delivery. Not
>> the most elegant way, but a way. So even if you feel that you have not
>> enough information please vote.
>>
>> In support of this motion:
>>  - https://github.com/OSGeo/osgeo/tree/master/marketing/branding
>>  -
>> https://github.com/OSGeo/osgeo/blob/master/marketing/branding/styleguide-osgeo.pdf
>>
>> A summary of all the deliverables:
>>  - strategy - previously accepted
>>  - logo's redesign - previously accepted
>>  - style guide - to be accepted
>>
>> I don't want this critical last step of a year-long painfully laborious
>> process to be the next OSGeo-related-energy-sucker for those that have put
>> in their blood, sweat and tears.

>> Happy voting y'all!
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Marc Vloemans
>>
>> Mobile <a href="tel:%2B31%280%29651%20844262" value="+31651844262">+31(0)651 844262
>> LinkedIn: http://nl.linkedin.com/in/marcvloemans
>> Twitter: http://twitter.com/marcvloemans
>> http://www.slideshare.net/marcvloemans

Re: Urgent: Renewed Motion reg Component 1 Acceptance

Alex Mandel-2
+1

We can address all my minor clarifications, as long as we have the
source for editing.

Thanks,
Alex

On 11/07/2017 04:38 PM, Marc VLOEMANS wrote:

> +1
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Marc Vloemans
>
> Mobile +31(0)651 844262
> LinkedIn: http://nl.linkedin.com/in/marcvloemans
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/marcvloemans
> http://www.slideshare.net/marcvloemans
>

> On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 12:09 AM, Jeffrey Johnson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> +1
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 3:07 PM, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>> +1 happy to accept style guide
>>>
>>> The style guide is great, any remaining feedback was on how to use it, or
>>> glitches which was not provided early enough to fix
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jody Garnett

>> well-done

>> branding/styleguide-osgeo.pdf

>> takes
>> Not

>> branding/styleguide-osgeo.pdf

>> put

Re: Urgent: Renewed Motion reg Component 1 Acceptance

nicolas bozon
+0

The style guide looks great and i am in favor of accepting it. I agree we can add the minor changes afterwards.
However, i'd like to take advantage of this motion to raise two importants concerns:

- This document is a static PDF and not an online style guide, as described in the EOI (page 8).
It probably wasn't requested clearly enough in the EOI, but an online HTML style guide was also expected, hosted on github and easy to maintain.
Such web version of the guide wasn't provided by vendor and must now be volunteered.
I am on it, but this will take more time before we can share it online.

- I am not able to find the source document used to create the PDF file in osgeo/marketing/branding
Is it available somewhere or delivered as PDF only ?
We would definitely need the source file in order to update our brand in future.
An open document such as an ODT file would be much appreciated.

My 0,2€

Best,

Nick

+1

We can address all my minor clarifications, as long as we have the source for editing.

Thanks,
Alex

On 11/07/2017 04:38 PM, Marc VLOEMANS wrote:
+1

Kind regards,

Marc Vloemans

Mobile <a href="tel:%2B31%280%29651%20844262" value="+31651844262" target="_blank">+31(0)651 844262

wrote:

[...]

Going to answer this one - Jeffrey Johnson had a volunteer step up to coordinate converting it to HTML - not sure who that was. I think the idea was to take that on to save time. Get Interactive was able to export from InDesign to html.

We can ask for the source in tomorrow’s meeting.

wrote:

[...]

Hey Jody,
I am that volunteer :) Please see #113
The InDesign source file and the Adobe generated HTML would be indeed nice to have, please bring it to github if possible.
It would help to port the guide to Open Document and to clean responsive HTML, i think both are now needed.

Best,

Nick

wrote:

[...]

Cameron Shorter

+0 I haven't been keeping up with OSGeo Marketing. My vote is based on the fact that I'm trusting the people who have been involved. Cameron

On 8/11/17 7:09 pm, nicolas bozon wrote:
[...]

Mobile <a href="tel:%2B31%280%29651%20844262" value="+31651844262" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">+31(0)651 844262

wrote:

[...]

Technology Demystifier, Learnosity
Open Technologies Consultant

M +61 (0) 419 142 254

Re: Urgent: Renewed Motion reg Component 1 Acceptance

jody.garnett
Motion: Accept Component 1 - Branding and Online Style Guide

Reminder to vote for this motion:

- Peter Batty
- Nicolas Bozon +0 - noted concern about "online" style guide
- Arnulf Christl
- Astrid Emde
- Jody Garnett +1
- Harrison Grundy +1
- Jeff Johnson +1
- Alex Mandel +1
- Peter Mooney +1
- Cameron Shorter +0
- Guido Stein +0
- Marc Vloemans +1 initial motion

So we have over 50% response rate requested, but you can still vote :)

--
Jody Garnett

On 7 November 2017 at 14:00, Marc VLOEMANS <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Committee colleagues,

As I and many of you have missed Jody's motion to accept/decline the delivery of Component 1 for the website and rebrand project, I put the motion again before you as this is literally the last step before we can wrap up this 12-months project and pay the contractor for their well-done services. (And if this is not the right process step according the rule book....frankly....I couldn't care less....I just want some sort of consensus and honor and finish the hard work of the last 12 months)

We have completed our review of styleguide-osgeo.pdf https://github.com/OSGeo/osgeo/blob/master/marketing/branding/styleguide-osgeo.pdf
which was the last remaining item for component 1 acceptance.

Motion: Accept Component 1 - Branding and Online Style Guide

I ask that this motion be held open until Tuesday November 14th,
In case we again don't have a 50% response rate, I advice that Jody takes the executive decision to accept the Component 1 Style Guide delivery. Not the most elegant way, but a way. So even if you feel that you have not enough information please vote.

A summary of all the deliverables:
 - strategy - previously accepted
 - logo's redesign - previously accepted
 - style guide - to be accepted

I don't want this critical last step of a year-long painfully laborious process to be the next OSGeo-related-energy-sucker for those that have put in their blood, sweat and tears.

> > Committee members:
> >
> >    - Peter Batty
> >    - Nicolas Bozon
> >    - Arnulf Christl
> >    - Astrid Emde
> >    - Jody Garnett
> >    - Harrison Grundy
> >    - Jeff Johnson
> >    - Alex Mandel
> >    - Peter Mooney
> >    - Cameron Shorter
> >    - Guido Stein
> >    - Marc Vloemans

Happy voting y'all!

Re: Urgent: Renewed Motion reg Component 1 Acceptance

jody.garnett
Thanks Nicolas:

The content is now in google drive, can you access it from OSGeo Marketing > Branding > Material > Styleguide ?

--
Jody Garnett

wrote:

[...]

+1 If Jody says it's ready to go, I believe it. ;)

Happy voting y'all!