Upload spatialite to GeoServer using REST API

Hue

Upload spatialite to GeoServer using REST API

Hue
Hi all,

I read about the supporting of uploading spatialite file to GeoServer at
http://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/rest/api/datastores.html#workspaces-ws-datastores-ds-file-url-external-extension

And would like to know if I have to install an extension in order to use it?

as when using this command:

curl -u admin:geoserver -v -XPUT -H "Content-type: spatialite" --data-binary @r2.sqlite http://localhost:8080/geoserver/rest/workspaces/acme/datastores/s/file.spatialite

I got error: Datastore format unavailable: org.geotools.data.spatialite.SpatiaLiteDataStoreFactory* Closing connection 0

I test with GeoServer 2.3.0 and 2.3.2, no extra extension installed

Thanks in advanced!
Regards.

Re: Upload spatialite to GeoServer using REST API

Jonathan Moules-2
Hi,
See this document - it includes a section on installing it.

Jonathan

On 27 June 2013 11:21, Hue <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I read about the supporting of uploading spatialite file to GeoServer at
http://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/rest/api/datastores.html#workspaces-ws-datastores-ds-file-url-external-extension

And would like to know if I have to install an extension in order to use it?

as when using this command:

curl -u admin:geoserver -v -XPUT -H "Content-type: spatialite" --data-binary
@r2.sqlite
http://localhost:8080/geoserver/rest/workspaces/acme/datastores/s/file.spatialite

I got error: Datastore format unavailable:
org.geotools.data.spatialite.SpatiaLiteDataStoreFactory* Closing connection
0

I test with GeoServer 2.3.0 and 2.3.2, no extra extension installed

Thanks in advanced!
Regards.

This transmission is intended for the named addressee(s) only and may contain sensitive or protectively marked material up to RESTRICTED and should be handled accordingly. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you have received this transmission in error please notify the sender immediately. All email traffic sent to or from us, including without limitation all GCSX traffic, may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation.
Hue

Re: Upload spatialite to GeoServer using REST API

Hue
Thanks Jonathan.

I installed the plugin geoserver-2.4-SNAPSHOT-spatialite-plugin.zip, spatialite-libs-win-x86.zip

GeoServer 2.3.0

Use the same command:

curl -u admin:geoserver -v -XPUT -H "Content-type: spatialite" --data-binary @r2.sqlite http://localhost:8080/geoserver/rest/workspaces/acme/datastores/s/file.spatialite

I received this:

* Adding handle: conn: 0xb8ac78
* Adding handle: send: 0
* Adding handle: recv: 0
* Curl_addHandleToPipeline: length: 1
* - Conn 0 (0xb8ac78) send_pipe: 1, recv_pipe: 0
* About to connect() to localhost port 8080 (#0)
*   Trying 127.0.0.1...
* Connected to localhost (127.0.0.1) port 8080 (#0)
* Server auth using Basic with user 'admin'
> PUT /geoserver/rest/workspaces/acme/datastores/s/file.spatialite HTTP/1.1
> Authorization: Basic YWRtaW46Z2Vvc2VydmVy
> Expect: 100-continue

< HTTP/1.1 100 Continue
< HTTP/1.1 202 Accepted
< Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 07:56:02 GMT
* Server Noelios-Restlet-Engine/1.0..8 is not blacklisted
< Server: Noelios-Restlet-Engine/1.0..8
< Transfer-Encoding: chunked
<
* Connection #0 to host localhost left intact

GS log:

2013-07-01 INFO [catalog.rest] - PUT file, mimetype: spatialite
2013-07-01 INFO [catalog.rest] - Auto-configuring datastore: s

Spatial datastore s is created in GeoServer with workspace name, datastore name. Other fields are empty.
No layer is created.

Have anyone succeeded with the command to create a layer in GS?
Thanks.

Re: Upload spatialite to GeoServer using REST API

geowolf
On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 10:08 AM, Hue <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks Jonathan.

I installed the plugin geoserver-2.4-SNAPSHOT-spatialite-plugin.zip,
spatialite-libs-win-x86.zip

GeoServer 2.3.0

Use the same command:

curl -u admin:geoserver -v -XPUT -H "Content-type: spatialite" --data-binary
@r2.sqlite
http://localhost:8080/geoserver/rest/workspaces/acme/datastores/s/file.spatialite

I believe you're affected by the same problem as the H2 upload case discussed
a few days ago:

Long story short, the upload functionality was designed with shapefiles in mind
and does not work with embedded spatial dbs, although I believe fixing it
should not be too hard.

Cheers
Andrea

--
==
Our support, Your Success! Visit http://opensdi.geo-solutions.it for more information.

Ing. Andrea Aime
@geowolf
Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via Poggio alle Viti 1187
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax: +39 0584 1660272
mob: +39  339 8844549

Hue

Re: Upload spatialite to GeoServer using REST API

Hue
Andrea, thank you for your response.
Cheers.