Upload and download files larger of 2GB

cbeltran
Hello list,

I found the following when trying to upload and download a file larger than 2GB associated with metadata in geonetwork.

1. In the "temp" directory of tomcat, where temporarily save the file and then transfer it to "geonetwork / WEB-INF / data / data / metadata_data"

2. With less than or equal to 2GB files work correctly, the problem is when they are greater than 2GB.

3. I was checking and there are some variables in Tomcat is possibly where the limit is set to upload and download files in Geonetwork:

input Input buffer size (in bytes) When reading ->
  <! - Resources to be served. [2048]

Output output buffer size (in bytes) When writing ->
  <! - Resources to be served. [2048]

According to the help text:

"WARNING: Do not configure application-specific resources here ->
  <! - They Should Go in the "/WEB-INF/web.xml" file in your application ".

I have to set it in the file "web.xml" of Geonetwork, but when I go to the file can not find this variable to configure the limit by upload and download files.

Someone could guide me through the process for setting the variable or else can I do about it?

NOTE: For example to files 2.5GB I have compressed and split into parts of 700MB, uploaded each part to the metadata correctly, in Geonetwork is the option to download one by one or download them all at once, when I use the option download whole exception appears:

NumberFormatException: For input string: "2184592343"

attached screenshots.

<nabble_img src="downloadparts.png" border="0"/>

Regards.

Re: Upload and download files larger of 2GB

Jean Pommier - PI geosolutions
Hi cbeltran,

Is this some data you want to restrict access to ?
If not, you could put it on some web-accessible folder and access it via
plain old URL.
Or ideally on some ftp folder, since 60Gb is quite huge to handle using
http...

If you need to manage access rights to the data, you could use a
workaround : put the file on some web-accessible folder (with ni-index
option so that people can't find it by simply browsing your folder), and
in the metadata sheet, on the download link, you just attach a simple
file containing the download instructions.
HTH,

Jean

*Jean Pommier -- pi-Geosolutions*

Ingénieur, consultant indépendant

Tél. : (+33) 6 09 23 21 36
E-mail : [hidden email]
Web : www.pi-geosolutions.fr

Le 02/12/2015 14:36, cbeltran a écrit :

> Hello list,
>
> I found the following when trying to upload and download a file larger than
> 2GB associated with metadata in geonetwork.
>
> 1. In the "temp" directory of tomcat, where temporarily save the file and
> then transfer it to "geonetwork / WEB-INF / data / data / metadata_data"
>
> 2. With less than or equal to 2GB files work correctly, the problem is when
> they are greater than 2GB.
>
> 3. I was checking and there are some variables in Tomcat is possibly where
> the limit is set to upload and download files in Geonetwork:
>
> input Input buffer size (in bytes) When reading ->
>    <! - Resources to be served. [2048]
>
> Output output buffer size (in bytes) When writing ->
>    <! - Resources to be served. [2048]
>
> According to the help text:
>
> &quot;WARNING: Do not configure application-specific resources here ->
>    <! - They Should Go in the &quot;/WEB-INF/web.xml&quot; file in your
> application &quot;.
>
> I have to set it in the file &quot;web.xml&quot; of Geonetwork, but when I
> go to the file can not find this variable to configure the limit by upload
> and download files.
>
> Someone could guide me through the process for setting the variable or else
> can I do about it?
>
> NOTE: For example to files 2.5GB I have compressed and split into parts of
> 700MB, uploaded each part to the metadata correctly, in Geonetwork is the
> option to download one by one or download them all at once, when I use the
> option download whole exception appears:
>
> NumberFormatException: For input string: &quot;2184592343&quot;
>
> attached screenshots.
>
> &lt;nabble_img src=&quot;downloadparts.png&quot; border=&quot;0&quot;/>
>
> <http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5239581/downloadparts2.png>
>
> <http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5239581/downloadparts3.png>
>
> Regards.

Re: Upload and download files larger of 2GB

cbeltran
Hi Jean

Thanks for your reply.

This data is restricted only registers users. What is the limit upload and download the data on geonetwork?

Regards.