Upload DTM (asc) in Postgis

Guillaume ARNAUD-2
Hi all,

I try since few week to make some SQL request on a DTM.

I try to upload it on my database but I failed.

I try with QGIS and ArcGIS (pg_geometry or Default keyword).

My goal is to find for a lot of polyline (which are in Postgis) the initial and the final altitude.

So, how can we put the DTM (initialy in asc format) in the database ?

Thank you for your answer.

--
Guillaume ARNAUD
Cellule SIGD

Re: Upload DTM (asc) in Postgis

hugfr

Hi Guillaume,

Did you try to use directly raster2pgsql.exe ?

http://postgis.net/docs/manual-2.2/using_raster_dataman.html#RT_Raster_Loader

Regards,

Hugues.

Re: Upload DTM (asc) in Postgis

Marco Barbieri
I had a similar problem to solve and I found this blog post really usefull:
http://blog.mathieu-leplatre.info/drape-lines-on-a-dem-with-postgis.html
It tells you how to import a DTM in PostGis and associate its altitude values to any overlapping polyline.

Marco
--
Marco Barbieri
Cartografo