Upgrading Batik

sunish
Hi,

I wanted to use batik 1.8 libraries along with geotools. Geotools is dependent on batik 1.7. Replacing 1.7 jar files with 1.8 is not a solution because some of the classes are missing or package has changed in Batik 1.8.

I am getting error logged below.
Can I expect a resolution in upcoming versions of geotools?

Thanks in advance,
Sunish

org.geotools.renderer.lite.StreamingRenderer fireErrorEvent
SEVERE: org/apache/batik/dom/svg/SAXSVGDocumentFactory
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/batik/dom/svg/SAXSVGDocumentFactory
    at org.geotools.renderer.style.SVGGraphicFactory.getIcon(SVGGraphicFactory.java:93)
    at org.geotools.renderer.lite.MetaBufferEstimator.visit(MetaBufferEstimator.java:355)
    at org.geotools.styling.GraphicImpl.accept(GraphicImpl.java:349)
    at org.geotools.renderer.lite.MetaBufferEstimator.visit(MetaBufferEstimator.java:239)
    at org.geotools.styling.PointSymbolizerImpl.accept(PointSymbolizerImpl.java:93)
    at org.geotools.renderer.lite.MetaBufferEstimator.visit(MetaBufferEstimator.java:142)
    at org.geotools.renderer.lite.StreamingRenderer.findRenderingBuffer(StreamingRenderer.java:1479)
    at org.geotools.renderer.lite.StreamingRenderer.getStyleQuery(StreamingRenderer.java:996)
    at org.geotools.renderer.lite.StreamingRenderer.processStylers(StreamingRenderer.java:1981)
    at org.geotools.renderer.lite.StreamingRenderer.paint(StreamingRenderer.java:820)
    at org.geotools.renderer.lite.StreamingRenderer.paint(StreamingRenderer.java:616)

Re: Upgrading Batik

Ian Turton
Is there a compelling reason to upgrade?

The procedure for modifying GeoTools is at http://docs.geotools.org/latest/developer/procedures/contribute.html - or you could purchase a support contract if you are unable to provide a pull request.

Ian

On 8 March 2017 at 11:03, sunish <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

My project depends on both Geotools and Jasperreports. Jasperreports has upgraded their dependency to Batik 1.8. That is the reason I am interested for an upgrade.
I will try contribute patch.

Thanks,
Sunish.

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 5:17 PM, Ian Turton <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

geowolf
On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 1:07 PM, sunish <[hidden email]> wrote:

My project depends on both Geotools and Jasperreports. Jasperreports has upgraded their dependency to Batik 1.8. That is the reason I am interested for an upgrade.
I will try contribute patch.

Thank you. Mind, a patch is likely to be ignored, best provide a pull request instead.
See the process here:

Cheers
Andrea

--
==
==

Ing. Andrea Aime
@geowolf
Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax: +39 0584 1660272
mob: +39  339 8844549

AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003

The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be confidential or proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act (Legislative Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is strictly forbidden except previous formal approval of the named addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact immediately the sender by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the information in this message that has been received in error. The sender does not give any warranty or accept liability as the content, accuracy or completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes made after they were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of e-mail transmission, viruses, etc.

Re: Upgrading Batik

jody.garnett
I see that class in the latest:

I expect that the dependencies have changed or something in the 1.8 release? The website does not provide any upgrade instructions.

--
Jody Garnett

On 8 March 2017 at 03:03, sunish <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Changing the import to

import org.apache.batik.anim.dom.SAXSVGDocumentFactory;

in

org.geotools.renderer.style.SVGGraphicFactory

solved the issue for me. I am not sure whether it is the right way to do it.
I have to check whether it has some other impacts.

---

Sunish