Upgrade crashed

Andreas Böhme
Hi guys,
I tried to upgrade from a GN3.6 to 3.10.2. It seems that there are
Database changes as applying the update resulted in 0 records from 360.
So I tried rolling back the apllication, but now I get an error like in
the attached Textfile, that tells me something is wrong with may
database.....
Is there any way to fix this without restoring the database to its
former glory. I did not order a database backup because I tried it on
another local test system and it worked smooth as a charm.
In terms of system specs it is nothing unusual: Tomcat 8, useage of
postgresDB, external Data Directory, Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS Server.

I really need your help guys. Thank you so much.
Cheers Andreas

GN_error (11K) Download Attachment
smime.p7s (7K) Download Attachment

Re: Upgrade crashed

van Crombrugge, Sven (LVGL)
Hello Andreas

I recently updated from 3.6.0 to 3.10.1 as well and it worked.

Did you save & restore or even better repeat all your configurations after the deployment of the updated GeoNetwork?

For me I only had little configurations done, so it was
        - webapps/geonetwork/WEB-INF/config-node/srv.xml
        - webapps/geonetwork/WEB-INF/config-db/jdbc.properties
...where your Database connection is configured.
Also some translation files, images, ... but those should not have anything to do with your problem.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Sven van Crombrugge

Sachgebiet 3.3 - Geoinformationssysteme, E-Government -

- Zentrale -

Von der Heydt 22 . 66115 Saarbrücken
Tel.: +49 (0) 681 9712-303 · Fax: +49 (0) 681 9712-200
[hidden email] · www.lvgl.saarland.de

Hinweis zum Datenschutz
Informationen über die Verarbeitung Ihrer personenbezogenen Daten gemäß Artikel 13 und Artikel 14 der
Verordnung (EU) 2016/679 (DSGVO) sind elektronisch auf unserer Internetseite abrufbar:
https://www.saarland.de/vermessung_geoinformation_landentwicklung.htm
unter der Rubrik: Hinweise zum Datenschutz

Re: Upgrade crashed

Andreas Böhme
Hi Sven,

thx for your reply. I did everything "as usual". Like you said, it is
not much to change, I did the same changes as you mentioned. Usually it
worked well so far and I never experienced any problems.
But there is a first time for everything I guess.
I redeployed my old version but it didn't work due to the database. Now
I get this errors. I could also go the fast forward way to the newest
version, but then why is my Metadata not shown. Our DB-Admin gave me the
following log entries that occurred when upgrading to 3.10.2:

2020-04-28 15:32:30 CEST [15047] geonetwork@geonetwork
ERROR:  constraint "uk_fwi9l3n3vcxonf7c3x1ntdivx" of relation "links"
does not exist
2020-04-28 15:32:30 CEST [15047] geonetwork@geonetwork STATEMENT:  alter
table Links drop constraint UK_fwi9l3n3vcxonf7c3x1ntdivx
2020-04-28 15:32:30 CEST [15047] geonetwork@geonetwork
ERROR:  constraint "uk_itccbjhvevxbh1g4axknj8n24" of relation
"metadatadraft" does not exist
2020-04-28 15:32:30 CEST [15047] geonetwork@geonetwork STATEMENT:  alter
table MetadataDraft drop constraint UK_itccbjhvevxbh1g4axknj8n24
2020-04-28 15:32:30 CEST [15047] geonetwork@geonetwork
ERROR:  constraint "uk_fuc1tr6xyyrbjrxg0feavofb2" of relation
"metadatadraft" does not exist
2020-04-28 15:32:30 CEST [15047] geonetwork@geonetwork STATEMENT:  alter
table MetadataDraft drop constraint UK_fuc1tr6xyyrbjrxg0feavofb2

Any suggestions? Anyone ?
Thx
Andreas

Am 28.04.2020 um 17:00 schrieb van Crombrugge, Sven (LVGL):

> Hello Andreas
>

> I recently updated from 3.6.0 to 3.10.1 as well and it worked.
>
> Did you save & restore or even better repeat all your configurations after the deployment of the updated GeoNetwork?
>
> For me I only had little configurations done, so it was
> - webapps/geonetwork/WEB-INF/config-node/srv.xml
> - webapps/geonetwork/WEB-INF/config-db/jdbc.properties
> ...where your Database connection is configured.
> Also some translation files, images, ... but those should not have anything to do with your problem.
>

> Mit freundlichen Grüßen
>
> Sven van Crombrugge
>

> Sachgebiet 3.3 - Geoinformationssysteme, E-Government -
>
> - Zentrale -
>

> Von der Heydt 22 . 66115 Saarbrücken
> Tel.: +49 (0) 681 9712-303 · Fax: +49 (0) 681 9712-200
> [hidden email] · www.lvgl.saarland.de
>
> ________________________________________________________________________________________________
> Hinweis zum Datenschutz
> Informationen über die Verarbeitung Ihrer personenbezogenen Daten gemäß Artikel 13 und Artikel 14 der
> Verordnung (EU) 2016/679 (DSGVO) sind elektronisch auf unserer Internetseite abrufbar:
> https://www.saarland.de/vermessung_geoinformation_landentwicklung.htm
> unter der Rubrik: Hinweise zum Datenschutz
> ________________________________________________________________________________________________

Andreas Böhme
Techniker/Technician
Landschaftsökologie/Computational Landscape Ecology

Helmholtz-Zentrum für Umweltforschung GmbH - UFZ
Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research GmbH - UFZ
Permoserstraße 15, 04318 Leipzig, Germany
Phone +49 341 235 1058
[hidden email], www.ufz.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered Office: Leipzig
Registergericht/Registration Office: Amtsgericht Leipzig
Handelsregister Nr./Trade Register Nr.: B 4703
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: N.N.
Wissenschaftlicher Geschäftsführer/Scientific Managing Director:
Prof. Dr. Georg Teutsch
Administrative Geschäftsführerin/Administrative Managing Director:
Dr. Sabine König

Vermeiden Sie unnötige Ausdrucke./Think before printing.

Informationen aus der Wissenschaft (z.B. Veranstaltungshinweise, Projektangaben, Publikationen,
Bücher)

smime.p7s (7K) Download Attachment

Re: Upgrade crashed

Jose Garcia
Hi Andreas

I would check the migrations since 3.6:
https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/tree/3.10.x/web/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/classes/setup/sql/migrate

v370
v381
v382
v383
v390
v310
v3101
v3102

And try to apply them manually, some of them will fail if already applied,
but hope can fix the missing stuff.

Regards,
Jose García

On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 5:08 PM Andreas Böhme <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> > Also some translation files, images, ... but those should not have
> anything to do with your problem.
> >

> > Mit freundlichen Grüßen
> >
> > Sven van Crombrugge
> >

> > Sachgebiet 3.3 - Geoinformationssysteme, E-Government -
> >
> > - Zentrale -
> >

> > Von der Heydt 22 . 66115 Saarbrücken
> > Tel.: +49 (0) 681 9712-303 · Fax: +49 (0) 681 9712-200
> > [hidden email] · www.lvgl.saarland.de
> >

> ________________________________________________________________________________________________
> > Hinweis zum Datenschutz
> > Informationen über die Verarbeitung Ihrer personenbezogenen Daten gemäß
> Artikel 13 und Artikel 14 der
> > Verordnung (EU) 2016/679 (DSGVO) sind elektronisch auf unserer
> Internetseite abrufbar:
> > https://www.saarland.de/vermessung_geoinformation_landentwicklung.htm
> > unter der Rubrik: Hinweise zum Datenschutz

(0)318 416664 <+31318416664>Please consider the environment before printing
this email.*

Re: Upgrade crashed

Andreas Böhme
Hi Jose,

thx for your answer,. Could you explain a little bit more in detail
please. So just firing the changed SQL-Statements for example or
replacing them in my files on the server? It is not only SQL that has
changed, am I right? Would you go backward or forward to the newest
version? I feel quite lost right now....

Am 28.04.2020 um 17:13 schrieb Jose Garcia:

> [...]
>     >
>     >
>     > Von der Heydt 22 . 66115 Saarbrücken
>     > Tel.: +49 (0) 681 9712-303 · Fax: +49 (0) 681 9712-200
>     > [hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]> · www.lvgl.saarland.de
>     <http://www.lvgl.saarland.de>
>     >
>     >
>     ________________________________________________________________________________________________
>     > Hinweis zum Datenschutz
>     > Informationen über die Verarbeitung Ihrer personenbezogenen
>     Daten gemäß Artikel 13 und Artikel 14 der
>     > Verordnung (EU) 2016/679 (DSGVO) sind elektronisch auf unserer
>     Internetseite abrufbar:
>     >
>     https://www.saarland.de/vermessung_geoinformation_landentwicklung.htm
>     > unter der Rubrik: Hinweise zum Datenschutz

César Martínez Izquierdo-3
Hi Andreas,
We had to reindex our records in order to see them after updating from
3.6 to 3.10.x.
Did you run a reindex?

Regards,

César Martínez

On Tue, 28 Apr 2020 at 17:32, Andreas Böhme <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> >     >
> >     >
> >     > Von der Heydt 22 . 66115 Saarbrücken
> >     > Tel.: +49 (0) 681 9712-303 · Fax: +49 (0) 681 9712-200
> >     > [hidden email]
> >     <mailto:[hidden email]> · www.lvgl.saarland.de
> >     <http://www.lvgl.saarland.de>
> >     >
> >     >
> >     ________________________________________________________________________________________________
> >     > Hinweis zum Datenschutz
> >     > Informationen über die Verarbeitung Ihrer personenbezogenen
> >     Daten gemäß Artikel 13 und Artikel 14 der
> >     > Verordnung (EU) 2016/679 (DSGVO) sind elektronisch auf unserer
> >     Internetseite abrufbar:
> >     >
> >     https://www.saarland.de/vermessung_geoinformation_landentwicklung.htm
> >     > unter der Rubrik: Hinweise zum Datenschutz

   César Martínez Izquierdo
   GIS developer
   -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -
   SCOLAB: http://www.scolab.es

Re: Upgrade crashed

Andreas Böhme
Bingo, I just went forward again deploying the 3.10.2 version and did a
reindex and all my results are there again.
Thank you so much everybody for your help and suggestions. This list is
awesome :)
Cheers and, for sure, here u soon ;)
Andreas

Am 28.04.2020 um 18:14 schrieb César Martínez Izquierdo:

> Hi Andreas,
> We had to reindex our records in order to see them after updating from
> 3.6 to 3.10.x.
> Did you run a reindex?
>
> Regards,
>
> César Martínez
>
> On Tue, 28 Apr 2020 at 17:32, Andreas Böhme <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Jose,
>>
>> thx for your answer,. Could you explain a little bit more in detail
>> please. So just firing the changed SQL-Statements for example or
>> replacing them in my files on the server? It is not only SQL that has
>> changed, am I right? Would you go backward or forward to the newest
>> version? I feel quite lost right now....
>>
>> Am 28.04.2020 um 17:13 schrieb Jose Garcia:
>>> Hi Andreas
>>>
>>> I would check the migrations since 3.6:
>>> https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/tree/3.10.x/web/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/classes/setup/sql/migrate
>>>
>>> v370