Upgrade Mapguide from 2.6->3.0

Kajar
HI!

I having Mapguide 2.6 running in windows and I want to upgrade it to 3.0.
I also having map application which running in server, so I dont want to uninstall the previous version first  and then install new one and then I have to setup application again.
Is there an easy way how to  upgrade Mapguide without uninstall old version, so I can keep my existing map application keep running without setting it up again.

Kajar

Re: Upgrade Mapguide from 2.6->3.0

Jackie Ng
Use the InstantSetup bundle instead of the windows installer.

The InstantSetup bundle just extracts to a directory of your choice, where you can then run the included setup utility to init that particular installation with the right port numbers and virtual directories. It will also generate a series of batch files to install/start the various services manually once configured.

Be sure to pick names and port numbers that don't clash with your existing install.

- Jackie

Re: Upgrade Mapguide from 2.6->3.0

Kajar
I just thought there are way how to update Mapguide server core files and keep all old repositories and all data folders-files remains old.

Re: Upgrade Mapguide from 2.6->3.0

Hans Milling
This post was updated on .
You should be able to do this, the same way as moving to another server.

1. Make a backup of MapGuide 2.6.
2.  Stop the existing MapGuide 2.6 service.
3.  Open a command prompt and from the mapguide2.6\Server\RepositoryAdmin run the BackUpOfflineRepositories.bat. Make sure no errors are displayed (that is why you need to run it from a command window).
4.  In the command window, run RestoreColdBackupRepositories.bat (same folder). Again check for errors.
5. Then run RecoverRepositories.bat. Check for errors. If anything goes wrong you need to restore your backup at this point.
6. Install MGOS 3.0 (You can remove 2.6 first if you need to resuse the same folder/ports, but then you first make a copy of the "prepared" Repositories folder)
7.  Stop the MapGuide 3.0 service.
8.  Delete the Repositories folder in mapguide3.0\server\ folder and copy the prepared folder from MapGuide 2.6 to this location.
9.  In the command window, change to the mapguide3.0\Server\RepositoryAdmin folder and run UpgradeRepositories.bat. Check for errors.
10. Then run SetupRepositoryIndices.bat. Again check for errors.
11. Start the MapGuide 3.0 service (keep your fingers crossed) and upgrade should be complete.

Best regards
  Hans Milling...

Re: Upgrade Mapguide from 2.6->3.0

Kajar
This post was updated on .
Thanks for instructions.
When I just copy Repositories folder from 2.6 to 3.0 not going to work?
Also when I create package file from entire server does this is same like doing backup using Repository management.