Updating my desktop app with new translations

Updating my desktop app with new translations

Ari Jolma-2
Transifex Webtranslation page for QGIS is on https://www.transifex.com/qgis/

Hi,

How do I update my QGIS desktop app with the latest translation? I do
translations in transifex and use the QGIS from github master. However,
the i18n files (*.ts) in github are quite old.

Thanks,

Ari

Re: Updating my desktop app with new translations

Jürgen E. Fischer
Transifex Webtranslation page for QGIS is on https://www.transifex.com/qgis/

Hi Ari,

On Tue, 20. Feb 2018 at 10:08:38 +0200, Ari Jolma wrote:
> How do I update my QGIS desktop app with the latest translation?

scripts/pull_ts.sh

Our nightlies also do this.

> I do translations in transifex and use the QGIS from github master. However,
> the i18n files (*.ts) in github are quite old.

They are only updated on release.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer           norBIT GmbH             Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
Dipl.-Inf. (FH)             Rheinstraße 13          Fax. +49-4931-918175-50

Re: Updating my desktop app with new translations

Sveinn í Felli
Transifex Webtranslation page for QGIS is on https://www.transifex.com/qgis/

Þann þri 20.feb 2018 08:08, skrifaði Ari Jolma:
> Hi,
>
> How do I update my QGIS desktop app with the latest translation? I do
> translations in transifex and use the QGIS from github master. However,
> the i18n files (*.ts) in github are quite old.

You can also update *your* copy of QGIS by opening the latest TS
translation file in Qt4 Linguist and choose 'File' --> 'Publish as...'
and write 'qgis_XX.qm' as filename (XX = language code). This compiles
the TS to a QM.
I think Transifex can also handle the conversion, you just choose to
'Download for use'.

Then you move/copy the QM-file over to the installation folder (as
root/admin), in Linux this would be /usr/share/qgis/i18n, don't know
about Windows.

Start QGIS in your locale, and voilá...

Note that the translation file should correspond to the exact version of
your QGIS-setup; translation strings do move and change between versions.

Best regards,

Sveinn í Felli

On 20.02.2018 10:18, Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:

How do I update my QGIS desktop app with the latest translation?
scripts/pull_ts.sh

Our nightlies also do this.

Thanks.

That required me to update my urllib3 using pip (the one from Linux Mint 18.1 was not new enough) and install XML::Simple (perl module). I also had to create ~/.transifexrc file like this

[https://www.transifex.com]
api_hostname = https://api.transifex.com
hostname = https://www.transifex.com
password = password
token =
username = ajolma

(the "token =" is necessary). I also had to set the transifex password since github login is not ok for using the API.

The pull_ts.sh is *very* slow since it seems to delete all ts-files and not do an update (although it says "New translations found...").

Probably the best way is to somehow download only my (finnish) ts-file using the transfix API and use Qt4 Linguist and then install the qm file.

Ari