Updating User Password

GeoServer - User mailing list

Hi,

I am currently trying to write a set of install scripts for GeoServer to make life easier for our support engineers. I have written a powershell script, using the Platform Indeprendent Binary.

I have been able to update things like the Port (by editing the start file) and the home directory (by setting environment variables). The last part of the puzzle is being able to change the password for the admin account.

I would like to be able to script this, and not have to use the GUI. Additionally, I would like to avoid putting the username/password combo in the users file in plain text. Is there any way of doing this? Any utility or anything that will allow me to encrypt a password in the correct format?

Regards,

Hannah

Hannah McKee
Software Developer

Digital & Computational Pathology

Philips

Philips UKI, Concourse 3, Unit 5, Level 2, Catalyst Inc, Queen’s Road, Belfast, BT3 9DT, Northern Ireland

Email: [hidden email]

Shield_email

Connect with Philips

TwitterLinkedInYouTube