Update on open source GIS interest in Michigan

Update on open source GIS interest in Michigan

Jessica Kane
Hi all,

I wanted to share an update from Michigan.

OSGeo US sponsored a booth at the IMAGIN 2019 conference (and would have for the 2020 conference if it wasn't cancelled). My colleague and I manned the booth and were able to drum up some conversation and interest in open source GIS at this state-wide, Esri-heavy conference.

Because of the conversations we were able to start there, IMAGIN has asked me to help curate content for a new standing article in their quarterly newsletter about open source GIS. I'll be coordinating content both from our team at Line 45 and others around the state who I've been able to connect with through our mutual interest in open source GIS.

Thanks for sponsoring the booth in 2019 and I'm hoping we can make it a tradition to continue to get folks interested/excited about open source tools!

Jessica

Jessica Kane
Project Manager & Developer
Line 45 LLC