Update on QGIS Meeting in Chattanooga TN Oct 25th 2019

Update on QGIS Meeting in Chattanooga TN Oct 25th 2019

Randal Hale

Here is a quick update on the QGIS Meeting in Chattanooga TN on October 25th 2019.

We have half the slots filled with speakers. If you want to speak or have expressed an interest please forward your abstract to me so I can add it to the list.

Speakers:

Two speakers of Note:

  • Nyall Dawson will be joining us remotely from Australia to give is some news on QGIS. Nyall is one of the lead developers. He also runs North Road [1] consulting services. Nyall's contributions to QGIS cover a wide range of areas - from improvements to the map rendering and symbology engines, enhancements to labeling and print layout functionality, right through to optimizations of the underlying spatial processing algorithms utilized by QGIS
  • Chad Howard: He will be speaking on the move from a Commercial off the shelf system to QGIS and an array of other tools to maintain and enhance 911 address data for Henry County TN. [2]

--More announcements are coming on speakers--

Tickets: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/qgis-conference-tickets-67208884583

Lunch: Lunch and Snacks are provided - let me know if you have any dietary restrictions

Social event: For those coming into town the night of the 24th - there will be a social. I'm working out the details but we are down to two spaces on where to hold it. More news on that is coming.

Sponsors:

We have 5 sponsors so far:

  • North River Geographic Systems, Inc - Gold Sponsor
  • Tony Kinder, PE, RLS - Gold Sponsor
  • Wicked Moon Webs - Gold Sponsor
  • Carl Anderson, GISP - Gold Sponsor
  • Julian Burke - Bronze Sponsor