Update on Knoxville foss4g Meeting - May 19th 2017

Update on Knoxville foss4g Meeting - May 19th 2017

Randal Hale

Site: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Knoxfoss4g20170519

I cross pollinated the list a little. Some of you might see this twice.

There's a Free and Open Source Software for GIS meeting in Knoxville on May 19th 2017! 9am -> 2pm EST.

To help with the parking situation we're going to "set" a parking on deadline on Monday. Which doesn't mean you can't come. You just need to come a little early to find parking. We'll have parking passes for those who have registered. Given the normal ebb and flow of people I expect some to cancel at the last minute and extra people who didn't register to show up. We plan on starting somewhere around 8:30-9:00 o'clock in the AM - so plan accordingly if you don't have a parking pass. We'll put information on where to park on the Wiki Site.

For those of you who are coming to talk - I've received some short descriptions of talks and those are up on the Wiki site. If you are coming to talk - PLEASE send me a 1 -2 sentence summary of your talk. We are also still looking for speakers. I've received a lot of inquiries - and some have committed and some dropped off. The talks are going to be excellent. We're covering NAIP, QGIS, Openstreetmap and LIDAR.

We will begin the deadline for "food" shortly. This is for a head count to make sure we have enough food/sponsor money for the day.

Thanks once again -
  • If you have any questions on the meeting send them to me and I'll do my best to get them answered.
  • If you know of anyone wanting to come and talk - encourage them to do it. EVEN STUDENTS! We will be the easiest group that you will ever have to address.
  • If you know of someone wanting to sponsor - send them my way - we'll make you famous.

Good people,  We'll See you in Knoxville TN on May 19th

Randy