Update of EPSG database to v8.4

Even Rouault
Hi,

I've followed the update process of the EPSG SRS database to latest v8.4, and
just committed the updated files into libgeotiff, GDAL and PROJ trunk. Also
submitted to PostGIS.

From what I can see, among many changes and additions, 2 new projection
methods have been added:
* 1051,Lambert Conic Conformal (2SP Michigan)
--> looks very close to standard "Lambert Conic Conformal (2SP)", with the
addition of a new parameter K, the ellipsoid scaling factor.
* 1052,Colombia Urban

I don't think any of those 2 new methods are currently handled by PROJ, so the
new PCS based on those projection methods (3 Michigan SRS, and several dozains
of Colombia PCS) will not be handled by GDAL nor PROJ.

Regarding GDAL, I've improved the add_esri_column.py script (see
http://trac.osgeo.org/geotiff/changeset/2446), so that we have more ESRI DATUM
names. That should make morphing from/to ESRI .prj files a bit better.

Regarding PROJ.4 'espg' and PostGIS spatial_ref_sys.sql files, I've also added
the list of SRS that are GEOCCS (GeoCentric) and COMPD_CS (Compound Horizontal
+ Vertical).

Please let me know if you see issues.

libgeotiff:
http://trac.osgeo.org/geotiff/ticket/63
http://trac.osgeo.org/geotiff/changeset/2447

GDAL:
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/5462
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/changeset/27322

PROJ:
http://trac.osgeo.org/proj/ticket/236
http://trac.osgeo.org/proj/changeset/2448

Submitted for PostGIS :
http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/2737

Best regards,

Even

--
Geospatial professional services

Re: [gdal-dev] Update of EPSG database to v8.4

Even Rouault
Selon Yann Chemin <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> is there planetary datum support in this new version (i.e. Moon 2000, or
> etc.)?

No, I don't think that the EPSG folks are interested in other planets yet ;-)
But Frank mentionned some time ago (
http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/IAU-2000-Coordinate-System-Dictionary-td3750798.html
) that he wanted to investigate how to deliver the IAU set of planetary
coordinate systems , but this hasn't been pursued further AFAIK.

I see there's a version of this file here :
http://svn.osgeo.org/metacrs/sr.org/srsbrowser/data/IAU2000.wkt

Even