Update EPSG database and interpret axis order

Update EPSG database and interpret axis order

jratike80

Hi,

I noticed that the Windows built that was made this week contains EPSG database version 7.4 which is probably released in year 2009. Current version is 8.7 (2015-05-22). Wouldn’t it be time to update? It might also be useful to include the axis names and axis order into the ossim-epsg-projections.csv file and make OSSIM to use that data for preventing possible problems with axis flipping. If the axis order information is missing for example EPSG:3067 and EPSG:5048 might look identical.

http://epsg-registry.org/export.htm?wkt=urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG::3067

http://epsg-registry.org/export.htm?wkt=urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG::5048

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Re: Update EPSG database and interpret axis order

David Burken
Hi Jukka,

Agree we need to update.  We were looking at those a couple of months back and got side tracked.   So it's on the list...

Dave

p.s. Fixed the paths last night in my installer.  Same build, just updated preferences:

http://download.osgeo.org/ossim/installers/windows/ossim_x64_1_8_19-20150428-2.exe

Re: Update EPSG database and interpret axis order

Peter Borissow
Hey Dave-
    I sent you updated csv files back in Sept 2013. It was for EPSG 8.2. Let me know if you need me to resend.

Thanks,
Peter

http://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/290420510;117567292;y

Re: Update EPSG database and interpret axis order

David Burken
Hi Peter,

Can you generate one for the latest ( 8.7) ?

Thanks,
Dave

On 05/08/2015 03:38 PM, Peter Borissow wrote:
[...]

I'll hold off for the 8.7 version.  Thanks!
Dave

[...]

    Apologies for the delay. I generated a new database dump using EPSG 8.7 and sent a copy to you and Oscar off the list (files too big for the ossim mailing list).

Let me know if you get it and if you need anything else.

All the Best!