UntypedResource again

Hans Milling
Hi All

I have modified my local copy of the Meastro API 4.0 branch. I have removed the MapGuideDotNetAPi.dll completly. I have instead references the 5 dll files (OSGeo.MapGuide.Foundation .dll etc.) from MGOS2.2.
In my development environment everything works, but when I publish my solution I get an UntypedResource exception from resources that does not have schema 1.0.0.
I know about the Extended Object Models dll and this is referenced in my project and my Global.asax.vb calls the OSGeo.MapGuide.ExtendedObjectModels.ModelSetup.Initialize().
I do not see any exceptions or error messages regarding the ModelSetup.Initialize() but for some reason the Initialize command seems to not do the trick after the changes to the Maestro API!
Does anyone have any experience with this or a clue why the Initialize does not work?

Best regards Hans Milling...

Re: UntypedResource again

Jackie Ng
Did you restart the application pool for your web app after replacing the dlls? It may be still using the old dlls

- Jackie

Re: UntypedResource again

Hans Milling
Hi Jackie

I've run IISRESET yes, also the MapGuide server (just in case). But that did not help. I've got a 64 bit windows, and the server that I am deploying to is 32 bit. Perhaps something compiled to the wrong architecture in some way. I'll update this post when I have investigated this a bit more.

Best Regards Hans Milling...

Re: UntypedResource again

Hans Milling
I've solved it now. I compiled both my own application and the maestro api with the 32 bit signed dll files. Then int worked on the 32 bit server. I have also removed the version information from all references to avoid any problems when running the application on MGOS2.2 Maestro DLL files (version 1.0.0.1) or the AIMS2012 DLL files (version 2.3.0.4202).

Hans...