Unexpected error when uploading

12

Unexpected error when uploading

Paolo Pasquali
Dear all,

I have installed a GeoNode 2.10.x (master) with Docker and using the geonode-project and following this documentation: [1]

The issue I have is an Unespected error! when I try to upload a layer. So in GeoNode the layer is not present.
But when I double check I find the layer in GeoServer with no apparent issue and if I run updatelayers the layer appear in the django db and of course in GeoNode.

I have found these errors in the log:

08 Feb 15:38:06 ERROR [geoserver.rest] - No such layer: ne_10m_geography_regions_polys
geoserver4fabspace | org.geoserver.rest.ResourceNotFoundException 404 NOT_FOUND: No such layer: ne_10m_geography_regions_polys

08 Feb 15:38:15 ERROR [geoserver.rest] - No such style ne_10m_geography_regions_polys in workspace geonode
org.geoserver.rest.ResourceNotFoundException 404 NOT_FOUND: No such style ne_10m_geography_regions_polys in workspace geonode

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Paolo

Re: Unexpected error when uploading

xbartolone
Ciao Paolo,

I don’t remember if this has been already reported or not. Can you kindly check it out and eventually open an issue on geonode-project?

Thanks!

Francesco
Il 8 feb 2019, 16:49 +0100, Paolo Pasquali <[hidden email]>, ha scritto:
[...]

Is there some test I can do?

P.

On Sat, Feb 9, 2019 at 11:16 PM Francesco Bartoli <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I have tried with docker-compose after having applied these PRs https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode-project/pull/65 https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/pull/4215 and rebuilt locally the image for geonode but no luck.

Also starting the geonode-project in dev mode with paver failed for me. I’m going to open an issue.

[...]

Dimitris Karakostis
Hello Paolo,

I am not sure if this helps but, I had the same error sometime ago and it was related to folder permissions and ownership. I fixed by assigning the right permissions to the following folders:

$ sudo chown -Rf geonode /home/geonode/my_geonode/
$ sudo chown -Rf geonode:www-data /home/geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/static/
$ sudo chown -Rf geonode:www-data /home/geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/uploaded/
$ chmod -Rf 777 /home/geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/uploaded/thumbs
$ chmod -Rf 777 /home/geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/uploaded/layers
$ sudo chown www-data:www-data /home/geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/static_root/
From here:
http://docs.geonode.org/en/master/tutorials/install_and_admin/geonode_install/setup_configure_httpd.html

On Fri, Feb 8, 2019 at 4:49 PM Paolo Pasquali <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Alessio Fabiani-2
Dear all,
I'm going to make a test also myself.

From the logged report my guess is that, somehow, the GeoFence rules are not correctly set after the upload.

Il giorno lun 11 feb 2019 alle ore 10:39 Dimitris Karakostis <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
Hello Paolo,

I am not sure if this helps but, I had the same error sometime ago and it was related to folder permissions and ownership. I fixed by assigning the right permissions to the following folders:

$ sudo chown -Rf geonode /home/geonode/my_geonode/
$ sudo chown -Rf geonode:www-data /home/geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/static/
$ sudo chown -Rf geonode:www-data /home/geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/uploaded/
$ chmod -Rf 777 /home/geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/uploaded/thumbs
$ chmod -Rf 777 /home/geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/uploaded/layers
$ sudo chown www-data:www-data /home/geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/static_root/
From here:
[...]

==

==
Ing. Alessio Fabiani

@alfa7691
Founder/Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A - 55054  Massarosa (LU) - Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:     +39 0584 1660272
mob:   +39 331 6233686

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

Con riferimento alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali (Reg. UE 2016/679 - Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati “GDPR”), si precisa che ogni circostanza inerente alla presente email (il suo contenuto, gli eventuali allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui conoscenza è riservata al/i solo/i destinatario/i indicati dallo scrivente. Se il messaggio Le è giunto per errore, è tenuta/o a cancellarlo, ogni altra operazione è illecita. Le sarei comunque grato se potesse darmene notizia.

This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided by European Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email by mistake, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail.

Re: Unexpected error when uploading

Paolo Pasquali
Hi all,
These are the GeoFence rules after uploading 3 layers:

Re: Unexpected error when uploading

Alessio Fabiani-2
At a first glance, GeoFence rules seem to be good to me.

In that case it could be some REST specific security rule, which is strange in any case.

Il giorno lun 11 feb 2019 alle ore 11:47 Paolo Pasquali <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
Hi all,
These are the GeoFence rules after uploading 3 layers:

Re: Unexpected error when uploading

Alessio Fabiani-2
Does not seem to be a GeoServer <--> GeoNode issue, but just a GeoNode one

{"errors": ["Unexpected exception 'Profile' object is not iterable"], "success": false}

Il giorno lun 11 feb 2019 alle ore 11:51 Alessio Fabiani <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
At a first glance, GeoFence rules seem to be good to me.

In that case it could be some REST specific security rule, which is strange in any case.

Il giorno lun 11 feb 2019 alle ore 11:47 Paolo Pasquali <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
Hi all,
These are the GeoFence rules after uploading 3 layers:

Re: Unexpected error when uploading

Alessio Fabiani-2
Given the stacktrace below, it seems to me a regression caused by this PR

  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/haystack/signals.py", line 52, in handle_save
    index.update_object(instance, using=using)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/haystack/indexes.py", line 284, in update_object
    backend.update(self, [instance])
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/haystack/backends/elasticsearch_backend.py", line 168, in update
    prepped_data = index.full_prepare(obj)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/haystack/indexes.py", line 208, in full_prepare
    self.prepared_data = self.prepare(obj)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/haystack/indexes.py", line 199, in prepare
    self.prepared_data[field.index_fieldname] = field.prepare(obj)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/haystack/fields.py", line 206, in prepare
    return self.convert(super(CharField, self).prepare(obj))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/haystack/fields.py", line 88, in prepare
    values = self.resolve_attributes_lookup(current_objects, attrs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/haystack/fields.py", line 115, in resolve_attributes_lookup
    values.extend(self.resolve_attributes_lookup(current_objects_in_attr, attributes[1:]))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/haystack/fields.py", line 107, in resolve_attributes_lookup
    for current_object in current_objects:
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/utils/functional.py", line 239, in inner
    return func(self._wrapped, *args)
TypeError: 'Profile' object is not iterable

Il giorno lun 11 feb 2019 alle ore 13:40 Alessio Fabiani <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
Does not seem to be a GeoServer <--> GeoNode issue, but just a GeoNode one

{"errors": ["Unexpected exception 'Profile' object is not iterable"], "success": false}

Il giorno lun 11 feb 2019 alle ore 11:51 Alessio Fabiani <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
At a first glance, GeoFence rules seem to be good to me.

In that case it could be some REST specific security rule, which is strange in any case.

Il giorno lun 11 feb 2019 alle ore 11:47 Paolo Pasquali <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
Hi all,
These are the GeoFence rules after uploading 3 layers:

Re: Unexpected error when uploading

xbartolone
What can we do? I’d go with reverting it and asking the developer to come up with a solution. This is gone to block geonode-project at all
Il 11 feb 2019, 13:48 +0100, Alessio Fabiani <[hidden email]>, ha scritto:
[...]

<Screenshot 2019-02-11 at 11.45.58.png>

On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 10:51 AM Alessio Fabiani <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear all,
I'm going to make a test also myself.

From the logged report my guess is that, somehow, the GeoFence rules are not correctly set after the upload.

Il giorno lun 11 feb 2019 alle ore 10:39 Dimitris Karakostis <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
Hello Paolo,

I am not sure if this helps but, I had the same error sometime ago and it was related to folder permissions and ownership. I fixed by assigning the right permissions to the following folders:

$ sudo chown -Rf geonode /home/geonode/my_geonode/
$ sudo chown -Rf geonode:www-data /home/geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/static/
$ sudo chown -Rf geonode:www-data /home/geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/uploaded/
$ chmod -Rf 777 /home/geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/uploaded/thumbs
$ chmod -Rf 777 /home/geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/uploaded/layers
$ sudo chown www-data:www-data /home/geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/static_root/
From here:
[...]

I did another test locally and I can confirm that the issue is caused by those lines

    owner__first_name = indexes.CharField(model_attr="owner__first_name", faceted=True, null=True)
    owner__last_name = indexes.CharField(model_attr="owner__last_name", faceted=True, null=True)

on the "search_indexes" file.

Il giorno lun 11 feb 2019 alle ore 14:06 Francesco Bartoli <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
[...]

From the logged report my guess is that, somehow, the GeoFence rules are not correctly set after the upload.

Il giorno lun 11 feb 2019 alle ore 10:39 Dimitris Karakostis <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
Hello Paolo,

I am not sure if this helps but, I had the same error sometime ago and it was related to folder permissions and ownership. I fixed by assigning the right permissions to the following folders:

$ sudo chown -Rf geonode /home/geonode/my_geonode/
$ sudo chown -Rf geonode:www-data /home/geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/static/
$ sudo chown -Rf geonode:www-data /home/geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/uploaded/
$ chmod -Rf 777 /home/geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/uploaded/thumbs
$ chmod -Rf 777 /home/geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/uploaded/layers
$ sudo chown www-data:www-data /home/geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/static_root/
From here:
[...]

G. Allegri
I would like to dig into this more because haystack supports related data, even if "preparing" the data (or denormalizing them) is suggested.
The issue aslo highlights that some tests for haystack should be added.

Giovanni

[...]

From the logged report my guess is that, somehow, the GeoFence rules are not correctly set after the upload.

Il giorno lun 11 feb 2019 alle ore 10:39 Dimitris Karakostis <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
Hello Paolo,

I am not sure if this helps but, I had the same error sometime ago and it was related to folder permissions and ownership. I fixed by assigning the right permissions to the following folders:

$ sudo chown -Rf geonode /home/geonode/my_geonode/
$ sudo chown -Rf geonode:www-data /home/geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/static/
$ sudo chown -Rf geonode:www-data /home/geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/uploaded/
$ chmod -Rf 777 /home/geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/uploaded/thumbs
$ chmod -Rf 777 /home/geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/uploaded/layers
$ sudo chown www-data:www-data /home/geonode/my_geonode/my_geonode/static_root/
From here:
[...]

Giovanni Allegri
GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Italy
phone: <a href="tel:+39%200584%20962313" value="+390584962313" target="_blank">+39 0584 962313
fax:     <a href="tel:+39%200584%20166%200272" value="+3905841660272" target="_blank">+39 0584 1660272