Quantcast

Unable to publish GeoTiff images on GeoServer

Unable to publish GeoTiff images on GeoServer

Mustafa646
I have GeoTiff image files Test.tiff and Test.tfw with wgs84 projection. When i publish it by adding a new data store (as GeoTiff data store) and tried to save it then i receive this error:

Could not list layers for this store, an error occurred retrieving them: Unable to acquire a reader for this coverage with format: GeoTIFF

I really could not understand what is the problem? Need help?

Re: Unable to publish GeoTiff images on GeoServer

Rahkonen Jukka (Tike)
Hi,

If you have .tif and .tfw files then you probably do not have geotiff, just a plain tiff with world file for georeferencing. Problem is that world file does not tell the projection.
You can try two options:
- Convert image to GeoTIFF with gdal_translate. Command to use could be like
gdal_translate -of GTiff -a_srs epsg:4326 -co tiled=yes test.tiff georeferenced.tif
- Or create a .prj file which contains the information about the projection in the ESRI style and place it to the same place as .tiff and .tfw

-Jukka Rahkonen-

Thanks for replying,

I also have .prj file along with .tiff and .twf files. But i dont know whether this .prj file is in ESRI standard or some other. This is text from .prj file:

GEOGCS["WGS 84",DATUM["WGS_1984",SPHEROID["WGS 84",6378137,298.257223563,AUTHORITY["EPSG","7030"]],TOWGS84[0,0,0,0,0,0,0],AUTHORITY["EPSG","6326"]],PRIMEM["Greenwich",0,AUTHORITY["EPSG","8901"]],UNIT["degree",0.0174532925199433,AUTHORITY["EPSG","9108"]],AUTHORITY["EPSG","4326"]]

If this is not ESRI .prj format, then how can i write .prj file in ESRI format?

Re: Unable to publish GeoTiff images on GeoServer

Rahkonen Jukka (Tike)
Hi,

Actually I do not know if .prj file needs to be in ESRI or in OGC WKT format. You can check them both here
http://spatialreference.org/ref/epsg/4326/ Probably your .prj file is OK.

Anyway, if you have tif+tfw+prj then you can make "WorldImage" store from it, not GeoTIFF. But I would recommend to convert the image into GeoTIFF.

-Jukka