Unable to load the metadata even if it exists into the database

Unable to load the metadata even if it exists into the database

ccancellieri
Dear list,
 I'm over geonetwork 3.8.x and I'm trying to figure out how a metadata
existing into the database is not showing into the UI... (I see it's uuid
into the table and the iso metadata)

The metadata looks correct and I've several of them with the same problem.

Running manually the following (as Administrator):

http://XXXXX/geonetwork/api/0.1/records/index?uuids=1413ce80XXXXXXXXX-000d939bc5d8

I was expecting to reindex the metadata into Lucene having something
different than:
{"success":true,"count":0}

Nothing comes out from the log.

Do you have an Idea or any experience about that?

What's happening?

Is there something else that I can do to 'load' this metadata from the
database?

Best regards,
C.

--
Mr. Carlo Cancellieri

Re: Unable to load the metadata even if it exists into the database

Jose Garcia
Hi Carlo

Please if you can create an issue in GitHub and attach the metadata record.

Regards,
Jose García

On Thu, Mar 11, 2021 at 4:18 PM carlo cancellieri <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear list,
>  I'm over geonetwork 3.8.x and I'm trying to figure out how a metadata
> existing into the database is not showing into the UI... (I see it's uuid
> into the table and the iso metadata)
>
> The metadata looks correct and I've several of them with the same problem.
>
> Running manually the following (as Administrator):
>

> http://XXXXX/geonetwork/api/0.1/records/index?uuids=1413ce80XXXXXXXXX-000d939bc5d8
>
> I was expecting to reindex the metadata into Lucene having something
> different than:
> {"success":true,"count":0}
>
> Nothing comes out from the log.
>
> Do you have an Idea or any experience about that?
>
> What's happening?
>
> Is there something else that I can do to 'load' this metadata from the
> database?
>
> Best regards,
> C.
>
> --
> Mr. Carlo Cancellieri

(0)318 416664 <+31318416664>Please consider the environment before printing
this email.*

Re: Unable to load the metadata even if it exists into the database

ccancellieri
Thanks, I’ll check with the metadata owner if I’m able to share.
My best,

--
Mr. Carlo Cancellieri
*skype*: ccancellieri

Re: Unable to load the metadata even if it exists into the database

Jeff Campbell
Hi Carlo,

I have a few more questions that will help reduce the number of possible causes:

Does the record display in Full view? If the record is in the database and displays in full view but not the default view, that suggests the record has not been indexed successfully.  I believe the default view does not access the database but gets its information from the index.

If the record was not created using the same GeoNetwork installation,  I suggest:
  1. Check that the medataStandardName in the ISO record is correct and the namespace declarations in the record are correct.  These could be causes of the record not displaying because it could not be determined which standard it is using. (schema-ident transforms)
  2. We had some unexpected values in the metadata database table in the column that has the root element. I do not remember the exact details, but a few records had gmd:MD_Metadata instead of MD_Metadata (or the opposite). The ones that were wrong did not display even though they were in the database.

Which ISO version is used for the records (19139, 19115-3(2014), 19115-3(2018)?

We have both 19115-3 versions included in our deployment to better handle import of records that do not clearly identify which revision year they used.  This seems to be an easy copy/paste error if some manually creates a new record from a previous one. We also had an apparent bug in the XML transform between the two year revisions that failed to change the metadataStandardName to the output name.

Could there be a problem with the metadata profile (INSPIRE etc) used by the records that do not display properly.

I hope this is helpful in identifying the source of the problem.

Jeff

[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Thanks Jeff,
 your answer is very helpful.
The namespaces were wrong for some reason. I'll go in deep also looking to
roots etc.
Very appreciated.
Best,
C.