Quantcast

Unable to load PROJ.4 library (libproj.dylib)

Unable to load PROJ.4 library (libproj.dylib)

Marcel Stadelmann
Hi,

When I use gdalwarp, I got the following error:

ERROR 6: Unable to load PROJ.4 library (libproj.dylib), creation of OGRCoordinateTransformation failed.

After including the following line in .bash_profile, gdalwarp works in the Terminal, but still fails in QGIS when I use the Clipper:
export PROJSO=/Library/Frameworks/PROJ.framework/PROJ

I use a Mac OS X 10.8.2 and installed KyngChaos GDAL 1.9 Complete Package and I use QGIS 1.9.0 alpha

Is there a way to fix that manually or do I have to configure-make-make install again?
Thanks,
Marcel

Re: Unable to load PROJ.4 library (libproj.dylib)

William Kyngesburye
This is coming from GDAL, which is odd because I build it with a static PROJ link (to avoid just this problem).  Are you sure you don't have another GDAL library that was used when you compiled QGIS?  maybe from Homebrew or MacPorts?

On Feb 1, 2013, at 2:52 AM, Marcel Stadelmann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I use gdalwarp, I got the following error:
>
> ERROR 6: Unable to load PROJ.4 library (libproj.dylib), creation of OGRCoordinateTransformation failed.
>
> After including the following line in .bash_profile, gdalwarp works in the Terminal, but still fails in QGIS when I use the Clipper:
> export PROJSO=/Library/Frameworks/PROJ.framework/PROJ
>
> I use a Mac OS X 10.8.2 and installed KyngChaos GDAL 1.9 Complete Package and I use QGIS 1.9.0 alpha
>
> Is there a way to fix that manually or do I have to configure-make-make install again?
> Thanks,
> Marcel

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

All generalizations are dangerous, even this one.