Unable to find MgXXX functions with the signed MapGuide 2.4 DLL files

Unable to find MgXXX functions with the signed MapGuide 2.4 DLL files

Hans Milling
Hi

I have put put the signed Dll files from MGOS2.4 into my c# project, removed the old references (MGOS2.2), and added the references to the 5 signed OSGeo.MapGuide.* Dll files from MGOS2.4.
Now the problem is that all classes named Mg* are unavailable. E.g. MgServiceType.
If I use the Object Browser in Visual Studio and browse the OSGeo.MapGuide.PlatformBase reference, I do see the MgServiceType defined here (as public), and the name space is OSGeo.MapGuide, but my source code is unable to see this (I have: "using OSGeo.Mapguide;" at the top of the .cs file of course).

Using Dll files from AIMS 2013 is the same problem. Dll files from MapGuide 2.2, 2.0 and AIMS 2012 has not this problem.

What changed in the new version 2.4, what am I missing?

Best regards
  Hans Milling...

Re: Unable to find MgXXX functions with the signed MapGuide 2.4 DLL files

Jackie Ng
Not sure if this is the cause (maybe), but these are .net Framework *4.0* assemblies now.

- Jackie