[UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Problem configuring WFS-SERVER on oraclespatial layers

[UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Problem configuring WFS-SERVER on oraclespatial layers

Ludovic Gnemmi-2
Hi all,
I have a problem configuring WFS-SERVER with
oraclespatial (Nativ support) layers...Everything is
ok when configuring WMS-SERVER on these layers  but i
still receive an incomplete XML result when i try a
getfeature request on my WFS oraclespatial layers
(without errors). getcapabilitie request is OK.
getfeature requests are OK on shapefiles.

Here is my mapfile:
MAP
  NAME "my_wfs"
  EXTENT 868470 83215 965015 165840
  SIZE 400 300
 IMAGETYPE PNG
  IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
  STATUS ON
  UNITS METERS
  FONTSET "path to font"
  SYMBOLSET "path to symbol"
 SHAPEPATH "path to shape"

WEB
 IMAGEPATH "path to images"
 IMAGEURL "/ms_tmp/"

METADATA
        "wfs_title" "my_wfs"
        "wfs_onlineresource"
"http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=my_wfs.map&"
        "wfs_srs" "EPSG:27582"
END
END

#oracle spatial layer

LAYER
NAME "bati"
TYPE POLYGON
CONNECTIONTYPE oraclespatial
CONNECTION "usr/pass@DB"
DATA "GEOM FROM BATIMENT USING SRID NULL"
DUMP TRUE
STATUS DEFAULT
DEBUG ON
PROJECTION
"init=epsg:27582"
END
METADATA
"wfs_title" "bati"
"wfs_extent" "868470 83215 965015 165840"
END

CLASSITEM "BAT_CODE"
CLASS
        EXPRESSION "01"
        COLOR 152 152 152
        OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
END
CLASS
        EXPRESSION "02"
        COLOR 202 202 202
        OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
END

END
END

here the result of a getfeature request on this layer:
-
        <wfs:FeatureCollection
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/wfs
http://schemas.opengeospatial.net/wfs/1.0.0/WFS-basic.xsd
                        http://www.ttt.org/myns
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=my_wfs.map&SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.0.0&REQUEST=DescribeFeatureType&TYPENAME=bati">
-
        <gml:boundedBy>
-
        <gml:Box srsName="EPSG:27582">
-
        <gml:coordinates>
874619.370000,112072.490000
875774.930000,113685.950000
</gml:coordinates>
</gml:Box>
</gml:boundedBy>
</wfs:FeatureCollection>

---------------------------------------

Has anybody got an idea?

Thanks a lot.

Ludovic

D?couvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail : 1 Go d'espace de stockage pour vos mails, photos et vid?os !
Cr?ez votre Yahoo! Mail sur http://fr.mail.yahoo.com

Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Problem configuring WFS-SERVER on oraclespatial layers

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS)
Hi,

use:

gml_include_items "all"

in the METADATA section of your LAYER.

Best regards,
Bart

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 18:32:03 +0200, ludovic gnemmi <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [...]
> -
> <gml:boundedBy>
> -
> <gml:Box srsName="EPSG:27582">
> -
> <gml:coordinates>
> 874619.370000,112072.490000
> 875774.930000,113685.950000
> </gml:coordinates>
> </gml:Box>
> </gml:boundedBy>
> </wfs:FeatureCollection>
>
> ---------------------------------------
>

> Has anybody got an idea?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Ludovic

> D?couvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail : 1 Go d'espace de stockage pour vos
> mails, photos et vid?os !
> Cr?ez votre Yahoo! Mail sur http://fr.mail.yahoo.com

Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Problem configuring WFS-SERVER on oraclespatial layers

Thanks for your answer Bart but it still doesn't
work...I'm trying with mapserver 4.4.2...Is
gml_include_tems include in mapserver 4.4.2? Or i'll
have to upgrade to 4.4.6?

Ludovic

--- Bart van den Eijnden <[hidden email]> a ?crit :

> [...]

> > 875774.930000,113685.950000
> > </gml:coordinates>
> > </gml:Box>
> > </gml:boundedBy>
> > </wfs:FeatureCollection>
> >
> > ---------------------------------------
> >

> > Has anybody got an idea?
> >
> > Thanks a lot.
> >
> > Ludovic

> > D?couvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail : 1 Go d'espace
> de stockage pour vos
> > mails, photos et vid?os !
> > Cr?ez votre Yahoo! Mail sur
> http://fr.mail.yahoo.com
> >

> --
> Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
> http://www.opera.com/mail/

D?couvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail : 1 Go d'espace de stockage pour vos mails, photos et vid?os !
Cr?ez votre Yahoo! Mail sur http://fr.mail.yahoo.com

Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Problem configuring WFS-SERVER on oraclespatial layers

Bart van den Eijnden-4
Okay, my information was 4.6 specific. I was assuming you were using that version.

Could you try the latest 4.6 beta? There have also been a lot of improvements made by Fernando in maporaclespatial.c.

Best regards,
Bart

Bart van den Eijnden
Syncera IT Solutions
Postbus 270
2600 AG  DELFT

tel.nr.: 015-7512436
email: [hidden email]

--- Bart van den Eijnden <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> [...]

> > 875774.930000,113685.950000
> > </gml:coordinates>
> > </gml:Box>
> > </gml:boundedBy>
> > </wfs:FeatureCollection>
> >
> > ---------------------------------------
> >

> > Has anybody got an idea?
> >
> > Thanks a lot.
> >
> > Ludovic

> > Découvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail : 1 Go d'espace
> de stockage pour vos
> > mails, photos et vidéos !
> > Créez votre Yahoo! Mail sur
> http://fr.mail.yahoo.com
> >

> --
> Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
> http://www.opera.com/mail/

Découvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail : 1 Go d'espace de stockage pour vos mails, photos et vidéos !
Créez votre Yahoo! Mail sur http://fr.mail.yahoo.com

Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Problem configuring WFS-SERVER on oraclespatial layers

I'm now testing with mapserver 4.6 beta3. I still
receive nothing with getfeature request on
oraclespatial layers (i can see that oracle is
processing the requests).

And i'm now receiving an uncomplete xml file when
testing wms capabilities (stoped on <Layer
queryable=).

On more thing, i see a new message in my apache error
log : "In msCleanupOnSignal". ???

> [...]

> > > </wfs:FeatureCollection>
> > >
> > > ---------------------------------------
> > >

> > > Has anybody got an idea?
> > >
> > > Thanks a lot.
> > >
> > > Ludovic

> > > D?couvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail : 1 Go d'espace
> > de stockage pour vos
> > > mails, photos et vid?os !
> > > Cr?ez votre Yahoo! Mail sur
> > http://fr.mail.yahoo.com
> > >

> > --
> > Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
> > http://www.opera.com/mail/

> D?couvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail : 1 Go d'espace de
> stockage pour vos mails, photos et vid?os !
> Cr?ez votre Yahoo! Mail sur http://fr.mail.yahoo.com

D?couvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail : 1 Go d'espace de stockage pour vos mails, photos et vid?os !
Cr?ez votre Yahoo! Mail sur http://fr.mail.yahoo.com

Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Problem configuring WFS-SERVER on oraclespatial layers

It seems that all aspects which communicate with Oracle fail. I had a look at your original post and the GML created only contained the wfs_extent values you put in the MAP file. So probably all communication with Oracle is failing.

The WMS capabilities now use a function to calculate the boundingbox. If you use a wms_extent metadata it will probably be complete.

Are you able to get normal maps?

I hope Fernando Simon can help you further.

Best regards,
Bart

Bart van den Eijnden
Syncera IT Solutions
Postbus 270
2600 AG  DELFT

tel.nr.: 015-7512436
email: [hidden email]

>>> ludovic gnemmi <[hidden email]> 06/08/05 08:58am >>>
Hi,

a écrit :

> [...]

> > > </wfs:FeatureCollection>
> > >
> > > ---------------------------------------
> > >

> > > Has anybody got an idea?
> > >
> > > Thanks a lot.
> > >
> > > Ludovic

> > > Découvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail : 1 Go d'espace
> > de stockage pour vos
> > > mails, photos et vidéos !
> > > Créez votre Yahoo! Mail sur
> > http://fr.mail.yahoo.com
> > >

> > --
> > Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
> > http://www.opera.com/mail/

> Découvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail : 1 Go d'espace de
> stockage pour vos mails, photos et vidéos !
> Créez votre Yahoo! Mail sur http://fr.mail.yahoo.com

Découvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail : 1 Go d'espace de stockage pour vos mails, photos et vidéos !
Créez votre Yahoo! Mail sur http://fr.mail.yahoo.com

Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Problem configuring WFS-SERVER on oraclespatial layers

Bart,
You were right with MWS...I hat to add "wms_extent" on
each layer to make WMS works with MS 4.6...I can now
view all my layers with wms:)
But still can't see oracle layers with WFS.
I don't think communication failing with oracle...I
see oracle is processing when sending WFS getfeature
request. And i still can see oracle layers with
Mapserver in normal use.

Thanks.

> [...]

> d'espace
> > > de stockage pour vos
> > > http://fr.mail.yahoo.com
> > > >

> > > --
> > > Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
> > > http://www.opera.com/mail/

> > D?couvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail : 1 Go d'espace
> de
> > stockage pour vos mails, photos et vid?os !
> > Cr?ez votre Yahoo! Mail sur
> http://fr.mail.yahoo.com

> D?couvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail : 1 Go d'espace de
> stockage pour vos mails, photos et vid?os !
> Cr?ez votre Yahoo! Mail sur http://fr.mail.yahoo.com

D?couvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail : 1 Go d'espace de stockage pour vos mails, photos et vid?os !
Cr?ez votre Yahoo! Mail sur http://fr.mail.yahoo.com

Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Problem configuring WFS-SERVER on oraclespatial layers

Fernando Simon
Hi Ludovic and Bart,
    About the problem with WFS (I'm not a specialist in WFS) did you
check all the metadata parameters? (upper case/lower case)
    You can check all the messages that Mapserver request to Oracle
server using a debug flag (inf mapfile and configure for mapserver). You
need to specify a "--enable-debug" for configure and DEBUG parameter for
layer and MAP in you mapfile. Using this way all of actions and SQL
appear in apache error log.
    I recommend to pass the UNIQUE parameter in your DATA definition. In
UNIQUE parameter you define the column that store the unique values
(usually primary key) for your table. This is necessary for retrieve the
correct data from database. You can specify like this: (null SRID is
default when you don't specify)
        DATA "GEOM FROM BATIMENT USING UNIQUE <column>" example
        DATA "GEOM FROM BATIMENT USING UNIQUE BATIMENT_ID"
    Can you change the data and test the result for this case?
    Thanks.

Fernando Simon
Mapserver and Oracle Spatial developer
G10 - Laboratorio de Computacao Aplicada - Brazil
http://g10.cttmar.univali.br - UNIVALI/CTTMAR

ludovic gnemmi wrote:

> [...]
>>>>>

>>d'espace

>_____________________________________________________________________________
>

>>>D?couvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail : 1 Go d'espace
>>>

>>de
>>

>>>stockage pour vos mails, photos et vid?os !
>>>Cr?ez votre Yahoo! Mail sur
>>>

>>http://fr.mail.yahoo.com

>_____________________________________________________________________________
>

>>D?couvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail : 1 Go d'espace de
>>stockage pour vos mails, photos et vid?os !
>>Cr?ez votre Yahoo! Mail sur http://fr.mail.yahoo.com
>>

>_____________________________________________________________________________
>D?couvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail : 1 Go d'espace de stockage pour vos mails, photos et vid?os !
>Cr?ez votre Yahoo! Mail sur http://fr.mail.yahoo.com

Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Problem configuring WFS-SERVER on oraclespatial layers

François-Xavier PRUNAYRE
Hi Fernando and Ludovic, I was facing the same problem with WFS GetFeature
and WMS GetFeatureInfo.
USING UNIQUE <column> solved the problem for all my Oracle Spatial layers.
Works well with Mapinfo client or Chameleon.

But it seems that <column> has to be a number. Is Varchar2 datatype
supported ?

Thanks.
François

ludovic gnemmi wrote:

> [...]
>>>>>

>>>layers...Everything

>>>try

>>>layers

>>OK.

>>>"http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=my_wfs.map&"

>>this

>http://schemas.opengeospatial.net/wfs/1.0.0/WFS-basic.xsd
>

>>http://www.ttt.org/myns
>>

>http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=my_wfs.map&SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1..
>.0.0&REQUEST=DescribeFeatureType&TYPENAME=bati">

>______

>>d'espace

>______
>

>>>Découvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail : 1 Go d'espace
>>>

>>de
>>

>>>stockage pour vos mails, photos et vidéos !
>>>Créez votre Yahoo! Mail sur
>>>

>>http://fr.mail.yahoo.com

>______
>

>>Découvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail : 1 Go d'espace de stockage pour vos

Ce message a ete verifie par MailScanner pour des virus ou des polluriels et
rien de suspect n'a ete trouve.

Les donnees et renseignements contenus dans ce message sont personnels,
confidentiels et prives. Toute publication, utilisation ou diffusion, meme
partielle, doit etre autorisee.

Any data and information contained in this electronic mail is personal,
confidential and secret. Any total or partial publication, use or
distribution must be authorized.

--
Ce message a ete verifie par MailScanner pour des virus ou des polluriels et rien de suspect n'a ete trouve.

Les donnees et renseignements contenus dans ce message sont personnels, confidentiels et prives. Toute publication, utilisation ou diffusion, meme partielle, doit etre autorisee.

Any data and information contained in this electronic mail is personal, confidential and secret. Any total or partial publication, use or distribution must be authorized.

Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Problem configuring WFS-SERVER on oraclespatial layers

Fernando Simon
Hi folks,
    Needs to be a number datatype.
    I use the UNIQUE column as a internal (Mapserver core) identifier
for shapeindex, Mapserver store this value as long type.
    Usually I use the primary key as UNIQUE, but you can specify another
(number) column for the restrict option. If you don't specify any UNIQUE
maporaclespatial.c use the rownum in sql, but using this way, when the
extent changed, the order for the rows will be different and the rownum
is not equal than before.
    Any hints?

Fran?ois Prunayre wrote:

>Hi Fernando and Ludovic, I was facing the same problem with WFS GetFeature
>and WMS GetFeatureInfo.
>USING UNIQUE <column> solved the problem for all my Oracle Spatial layers.
>Works well with Mapinfo client or Chameleon.
>
>But it seems that <column> has to be a number. Is Varchar2 datatype
>supported ?
>
>Thanks.
>Fran?ois

You were Fran?ois right i had to use "USING UNIQUE
(numeric) <column>" parameter to make it works with
WFS.

Thanks a lot !!

Ludovic

--- Fernando Simon <[hidden email]> a ?crit :