[UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] MapFile for 250 layers (MS_MAXLAYERS)

[UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] MapFile for 250 layers (MS_MAXLAYERS)

Gabriel Cloutier
Hi list,
 I need an advice about the management of up to 250 layers and 200 symbols
in a MapFile.
My first idea was to change the constant value in the source code
(MS_MAXLAYERS, MS_MAXSYMBOLS).

1 ) Does someone know if changing this constants will affect the performance ?

2 ) Does someone have a FGS Linux Installer package with the values of this
constant changed to fit with my case ?

3 ) Do you know better solutions for my problem ?

Thank you in advance!

Gabriel Cloutier
Natural Resources Canada
Centre for Topographic Information
Web Services Team
2144 King West Street, s. 010
Sherbrooke, Quebec  J1J 2E8
E-Mail:  [hidden email]
Tel:  (819) 564-5600 #295
Fax:  (819) 564-5698

[UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] SLD & Spatial filter

François-Xavier PRUNAYRE
Hi list, I'm looking for advice about SLD FILTER ... Comparison Filters and
Logical Filters works in SLD file like
        "<PropertyIsEqualTo>
                <PropertyName>ID</PropertyName>
                <Literal>655</Literal>
        </PropertyIsEqualTo>"

But spatial filter doesn't seem to be applied to layers like
" <DWithin>
                <PropertyName>Geometry</PropertyName>

<gml:Point><gml:coordinates>0.37,48.68</gml:coordinates></gml:Points>
                <Distance units='m'>10000<Distance>
        </DWithin>" or

" <Intersect>
                <PropertyName>Geometry</PropertyName>

<gml:Polygon><gml:outerBoundaryIs><gml:LinearRing><gml:coordinates>0,48.27
1.67,49.24 2.62,47.56
0,48.27</gml:coordinates></gml:LinearRing></gml:outerBoundaryIs></gml:Polygo
n>
        </Intersect> "

Does spatial filter work only with WFS layers and not with SLD ? Is this in
the OGC spec for SLD or is it not implemented in mapserver ?

Thanks for your help.
Francois

--
Ce message a ete verifie par MailScanner pour des virus ou des polluriels et rien de suspect n'a ete trouve.

Les donnees et renseignements contenus dans ce message sont personnels, confidentiels et prives. Toute publication, utilisation ou diffusion, meme partielle, doit etre autorisee.

Any data and information contained in this electronic mail is personal, confidential and secret. Any total or partial publication, use or distribution must be authorized.

Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] MapFile for 250 layers (MS_MAXLAYERS)

Gabriel Cloutier
Hi Abe,
Yes I used tile4ms to join my thousand of shapefiles in a ShapeFile index.
But it's a good idea to try to fusion some light ShapeFile and to put an
attribute for the distinction.  With this attribute I can make the
distinction between two class in the same layer.
My fear is about the filter.  This option definitly affect negatively the
performance.
Thank for your help!

-Gab

Can you consolidate any layers by putting them into an index?  For
instance, do you have a grid of layers that are one logical layer
(usually this is aerial photography)?

This might not solve your problem, but it help me make hundreds of
smaller layers one logical one.

-Abe

On 7/5/05, Gabriel Cloutier <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi list,
>  I need an advice about the management of up to 250 layers and 200 symbols
> in a MapFile.
> My first idea was to change the constant value in the source code
> (MS_MAXLAYERS, MS_MAXSYMBOLS).
>
> 1 ) Does someone know if changing this constants will affect the performance ?
>
> 2 ) Does someone have a FGS Linux Installer package with the values of this
> constant changed to fit with my case ?
>
> 3 ) Do you know better solutions for my problem ?
>
> Thank you in advance!

> Gabriel Cloutier
> Natural Resources Canada
> Centre for Topographic Information
> Web Services Team
> 2144 King West Street, s. 010
> Sherbrooke, Quebec  J1J 2E8
> E-Mail:  [hidden email]
> Tel:  (819) 564-5600 #295
> Fax:  (819) 564-5698

Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] SLD & Spatial filter

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS)
I know the BBOX spatial Filter works for SLD don't know about the other
ones though, haven't tried.

Do they work on your WFS server?

Best regards,
Bart

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 17:34:27 +0200, Fran?ois Prunayre
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi list, I'm looking for advice about SLD FILTER ... Comparison Filters
> and
> Logical Filters works in SLD file like
> "<PropertyIsEqualTo>
> <PropertyName>ID</PropertyName>
> <Literal>655</Literal>
> </PropertyIsEqualTo>"
>
> But spatial filter doesn't seem to be applied to layers like
> " <DWithin>
> <PropertyName>Geometry</PropertyName>
>
> <gml:Point><gml:coordinates>0.37,48.68</gml:coordinates></gml:Points>
> <Distance units='m'>10000<Distance>
> </DWithin>" or
>
> " <Intersect>
> <PropertyName>Geometry</PropertyName>
>
> <gml:Polygon><gml:outerBoundaryIs><gml:LinearRing><gml:coordinates>0,48.27
> 1.67,49.24 2.62,47.56
> 0,48.27</gml:coordinates></gml:LinearRing></gml:outerBoundaryIs></gml:Polygo
> n>
> </Intersect> "
>
> Does spatial filter work only with WFS layers and not with SLD ? Is this
> in
> the OGC spec for SLD or is it not implemented in mapserver ?
>
> Thanks for your help.
> Francois
>

> --
> Ce message a ete verifie par MailScanner pour des virus ou des
> polluriels et rien de suspect n'a ete trouve.
>
> Les donnees et renseignements contenus dans ce message sont personnels,
> confidentiels et prives. Toute publication, utilisation ou diffusion,
> meme partielle, doit etre autorisee.
>
> Any data and information contained in this electronic mail is personal,
> confidential and secret. Any total or partial publication, use or
> distribution must be authorized.

Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] SLD & Spatial filter

Kralidis,Tom [Ontario]
The documentation for SLD says that it supports Filter as per the Filter howto.  This suggests to me that the sld support in MapServer works off the filter support.  So any supported filter, whether via a WFS GetFeature or a Filter in an SLD document, should work.  Perhaps one of the developers can confirm?

The Filter howto documents the following support for spatial filters:

BBox
Intersects
DWithin

more below...

You have an opening gml:Point element with a closed gml:Points element.  Should be:

<ogc:DWithin>
 <ogc:PropertyName>Geometry</ogc:PropertyName>
 <gml:Point>
  <gml:coordinates>0.37,48.68</gml:coordinates>
 </gml:Point>
 <ogc:Distance units="m">10000<ogc:Distance>
</ogc:DWithin>

> <gml:Polygon><gml:outerBoundaryIs><gml:LinearRing><gml:coordinates>0,4
> > 8.27
> > 1.67,49.24 2.62,47.56
> >
> 0,48.27</gml:coordinates></gml:LinearRing></gml:outerBoundaryI
> s></gml:Polygo
> > n>
> > </Intersect> "

It is interprested as Intersects, not Intersect.  Should be:

<ogc:Intersects>
 <ogc:PropertyName>Geometry</ogc:PropertyName>
 <gml:Polygon>
  <gml:outerBoundaryIs>
   <gml:LinearRing>
    <gml:coordinates>0,48.27 1.67,49.24 2.62,47.56 0,48.27</gml:coordinates>
   </gml:LinearRing>
  </gml:outerBoundaryIs>
 </gml:Polygon>
</ogc:Intersects>

> > Does spatial filter work only with WFS layers and not with SLD ? Is
> > this
> > in
> > the OGC spec for SLD or is it not implemented in mapserver ?
> >
> > Thanks for your help.
> > Francois

Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] SLD & Spatial filter

Yewondwossen Assefa-2
BBox,Intersects,DWithin should work from an SLD.

Francois : If after making the chnages suggested by Tom, you still have
a problem you could open a bug and attach a simple test case if possible
(map, data and sld) and I will give it a try here.

Later,

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst

Email: [hidden email]