UK open household data set

Nick Malleson
Hi,

Apologies if this has been discussed already, I've only just subscribed to the list. I'm looking for a publicly available data set that contains the boundaries of houses/buildings in the UK (or England at least). OS MasterMap has exactly what I want but it isn't publicly available. Does anyone know of any data or another person/group who might be able to advise me?

Kind regards,
Nick Malleson_______________________________________________
Geodata mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/geodata

Re: UK open household data set

Richard Fairhurst
On 28/02/2011 17:02, Nicolas Malleson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Apologies if this has been discussed already, I've only just
subscribed to the list. I'm looking for a publicly available data set
that contains the boundaries of houses/buildings in the UK (or England
at least). OS MasterMap has exactly what I want but it isn't publicly
available. Does anyone know of any data or another person/group who
might be able to advise me?

OS OpenData has two sets that are worth looking at. StreetView has good
building outlines but is a raster dataset. VectorMap District has
generalised 'built up areas' rather than individual building outlines,
but is (as the name suggests) vectors. Both can be downloaded from the
Ordnance Survey website and are offered under an attribution-only licence.

cheers
Richard