Two different QGIS installations on one linux box

Two different QGIS installations on one linux box

Düster Horst
Scalix message content
I want to install two different QGIS Versions on one linux box. 1. Stable 0.9.1 in production state and 2. unstable 0.9.2 for developing. With ccmake I configure different CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX for each installation. After make install 1. the Python bindings for 2. are not available and vice versa. What do I have to do to run two versions with Python bindings?

Regards
Horst

Dr. Horst Düster
GIS-Koordinator, Stv. Amtschef

Kanton Solothurn
Bau- und Justizdepartement
Amt für Geoinformation
SO!GIS Koordination
Rötistrasse 4
CH-4501 Solothurn

Telefon ++41(0)32 627 25 32
Telefax ++41(0)32 627 22 14

mailto:[hidden email]
http://www.agi.so.ch

Re: Two different QGIS installations on one linux box

Martin Dobias
On Jan 14, 2008 10:07 AM, Düster Horst <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I want to install two different QGIS Versions on one linux box. 1. Stable
> 0.9.1 in production state and 2. unstable 0.9.2 for developing. With ccmake
> I configure different CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX for each installation. After make
> install 1. the Python bindings for 2. are not available and vice versa. What
> do I have to do to run two versions with Python bindings?

Hi,

have you installed both versions from the same source directory? I´m
wondering whether there´s not some weird problem with rpath. Please
try running ldd on python core.so library in both versions to see
where does it link to...

Martin