Trouble after 2014 to 2017 migration

stephsk09
Hi,

I am busy with the migration of my old app in .net AIMS2014 (ajaxviewer) to AIMS2017.

The main things are OK but it remains one big issue that I can't resolve.

The setLayerVisibility seems to not working...
I mean, I have no exception, so code just runs normally but the layer and/or map is not refreshed.

So, in the .Net code behind I do a call to :

layer.SetVisible(visible); //where layer was previously selected by name
visibilitychanged = true;
if (visibilitychanged) map.Save(resourceSrvc);

But nothing works.

The only thing I change between 2014 and 2017 is the instanciation of the map (new MgMap(site))

Thanks for your help.

steph.

Re: Trouble after 2014 to 2017 migration

Jackie Ng
Call map.Save() without parameters.

When changing your code to "new MgMap(siteconnection)" it also means in
tandem that you should:

 a) Change all calls to map.Open() to just pass the map name (no need to
pass resource service)
 b) Change all calls to map.Create() to just pass the map name (no need to
pass resource service)
 c) Change all calls to map.Save() without passing any parameters (no need
to pass resource service)

- Jackie

Re: Trouble after 2014 to 2017 migration

stephsk09
Thanks,
it seems to work now.

Is there any guide of list of change to make during this king of migration?

Steph.

Re: Trouble after 2014 to 2017 migration

Jackie Ng
I don't remember what major.minor version AIMS 2017 corresponds to, but if it
corresponds to 3.0 or higher, then the other API changes of note are:

 * Removal of MgCreateSdfParams (use MgFileFeatureSourceParams instead)
 * Removal of GenerateMap and GenerateMapUpdate methods from
MgMappingService

The following RFC covers these changes:
https://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc139

- Jackie