Translations of some expression in lib/init/lock.c

Translations of some expression in lib/init/lock.c

Jenny Turner
Greetings
I'm trying to translate the expressions in lib/init/lock.c (from 6.4.0) for Portuguese:
#ifdef __MINGW32__
    G_warning("Attention!");
    G_warning("Locking is not supported on Windows!");
    exit(0);
#else

So I added this to grasslibs_pt.po

#: ../lib/init/lock.c:42
msgid "Locking is not supported on Windows!"
msgstr "Locking não é suportado em Windows!"

#: ../lib/init/lock.c:41
msgid "Attention!"
msgstr "Atenção!"

But it does not work. Any tips on what might be happening?

Re: Translations of some expression in lib/init/lock.c

Martin Landa
Hi,

2011/7/27 Jenny Turner <[hidden email]>:

[...]

> But it does not work. Any tips on what might be happening?

did you run

`make mo`

for `locale` directory and reinstalled GRASS?

Martin

Re: Translations of some expression in lib/init/lock.c

Markus Neteler
On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 7:11 PM, Jenny Turner <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Greetings
> I'm trying to translate the expressions in lib/init/lock.c (from 6.4.0) for
> Portuguese:

Please use a more recent GRASS version for translation efforts which
will also bring you a lot of fixes and module speedup.

> #ifdef __MINGW32__
>     G_warning("Attention!");
>     G_warning("Locking is not supported on Windows!");
>     exit(0);
> #else

This cannot work since the _() is missing.

In GRASS 6.4.svn (for 6.4.2) it is correct:

#ifdef __MINGW32__
    G_warning(_("Concurrent mapset locking is not supported on Windows"));

-> another reason to translate a newer version.

> So I added this to grasslibs_pt.po
> #: ../lib/init/lock.c:42
> msgid "Locking is not supported on Windows!"
> msgstr "Locking não é suportado em Windows!"
> #: ../lib/init/lock.c:41
> msgid "Attention!"
> msgstr "Atenção!"
> But it does not work. Any tips on what might be happening?

The messages cannot be found since they are not indicated in
the source code in the old GRASS version.

Markus