Translate to German - Wait for Version 2

Translate to German - Wait for Version 2

"Weßling, Achim"
Hallo list,

I just played with the actual release of GeoNetwork.

First I have to say great work!

We're interested to translate GeoNetwork to german. Does it make any sense
to do it right now? May we better wait for the Version 2?

Any hint would be nice!
Thanks!

Mit freundlichem Gruß

Achim Weßling
=====================
INFOKOM Gütersloh AöR
Fachbereich Technische Anwendungen
Herzebrocker Str. 140
33334 Gütersloh
Tel.: 05241/85-2926
[hidden email]
http://www.infokom-gt.de

Re: Translate to German - Wait for Version 2

Jeroen Ticheler-3
Dear Achim,
This email got stuck in my draft box for some reason while I was
traveling. Sorry for the delay.

Thanks for the email!
Version two will differ much in where files are located in this
perspective, but it will not have many changes as to the strings files.
Most are the same although the main GUI strings file (strings.xml) will
have most updates. Depending on how quick you want to have a translated
version ready, you could start with translating the version 1.2.2 files
(which should be released very soon, I'm finishing the release). There
is one thing that we still have to do on version 2 (and will not do in
version 1.2.1) and that is to add strings for all the current button
graphics. This will make updating and translating the site much easier.
Changes from version 1.2.1 to 1.2.2 are all done in the strings.xml
file, all others are identical.
I hope this helps? A translation into German would be excellent and
most welcome!
Greetings,
Jeroen