Transifex manager wanted for GRASS GIS!

12

Re: Transifex manager wanted for GRASS GIS!

Luca Delucchi
On 30 January 2017 at 18:08, Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> (cc Huidae for Korean)
>
> On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 9:59 AM, Luca Delucchi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 25 January 2017 at 15:20, Luca Delucchi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks, I added some info about transifex in the wiki
>>> https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_messages_translation#Transifex
>>>

>> Hi all, I'm close to finish Transifex transition but there are still
>> some problems, to solve them I would suggest to:
>> - remove Arabic and Korean translations files, they are old and few
>> lines are translated
>
> I'd not trash easily existing work. 302 translated messages are
> already some effort, see
>
> https://grass.osgeo.org/development/translations/
>
> (likewise the Slovenian). Or is there any issue with rather untranslated files?

there are several issues with the plural form... as for the other languages
Are we sure about the quality of these translations? I saw a lot of
errors in many translated po files

>> - I need some help to fix translation of plural for Chinese, Czech,
>> Japanese, Russian, Slovenian, to upload correctly this files both the
>> forms (singular and plural) should be empty or translated it is not
>> possible to upload into Transifex system if only one is translated
>
> Maybe the QGIS ppl have some experience here?

I don't know, but Transifex support team told me that we need to fix
them to import the po files in transifex. If no people will answer the
only possdible solution is to remove all the plural form that create
problems...

>> - fix the Vietnamese encoding to UTF8, I already tried but I was not
>> able to success. I also asked help to Transifex support team.
>
> I have a script for file encoding changes of .po files and can try.

let me know if you success...

however we have to decide quickly because people want to translate and
the risk is to loose translations...

--
ciao
Luca

www.lucadelu.org

Re: Transifex manager wanted for GRASS GIS!

Huidae Cho

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 6:24 AM, Luca Delucchi <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 30 January 2017 at 18:08, Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:
> (cc Huidae for Korean)
>
> On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 9:59 AM, Luca Delucchi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 25 January 2017 at 15:20, Luca Delucchi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks, I added some info about transifex in the wiki
>>> https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_messages_translation#Transifex
>>>

>> Hi all, I'm close to finish Transifex transition but there are still
>> some problems, to solve them I would suggest to:
>> - remove Arabic and Korean translations files, they are old and few
>> lines are translated
>
> I'd not trash easily existing work. 302 translated messages are
> already some effort, see

Yup, I'm still around. I've been very inactive in translating to Korean, but it's not dead.

--
ciao
Luca

www.lucadelu.org

On 9 February 2017 at 04:55, Huidae Cho <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yup, I'm still around. I've been very inactive in translating to Korean, but
> it's not dead.

Hi Huidae,

do you have time to fix the po files?

the problems are related to strings with plural form, they should be
both translated or empty

--
ciao
Luca

www.lucadelu.org

Re: Transifex manager wanted for GRASS GIS!

Huidae Cho
Hi Luca,

I just checked the po files, but I don't see any plural forms that are partially translated. They are all both translated or empty.

Regards,
Huidae

On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 3:37 AM, Luca Delucchi <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 9 February 2017 at 04:55, Huidae Cho <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yup, I'm still around. I've been very inactive in translating to Korean, but
> it's not dead.

Hi Huidae,

do you have time to fix the po files?

the problems are related to strings with plural form, they should be
both translated or empty

--
ciao
Luca

www.lucadelu.org

Re: Transifex manager wanted for GRASS GIS!

Huidae Cho
Luca, I don't see Korean in transifex. Thanks.

On Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 1:45 AM, Huidae Cho <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Luca,

I just checked the po files, but I don't see any plural forms that are partially translated. They are all both translated or empty.

Regards,
Huidae

On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 3:37 AM, Luca Delucchi <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 9 February 2017 at 04:55, Huidae Cho <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yup, I'm still around. I've been very inactive in translating to Korean, but
> it's not dead.

Hi Huidae,

do you have time to fix the po files?

the problems are related to strings with plural form, they should be
both translated or empty

--
ciao
Luca

www.lucadelu.org

Re: Transifex manager wanted for GRASS GIS!

Markus Neteler
On Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 7:58 AM, Huidae Cho <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Luca, I don't see Korean in transifex. Thanks.

I have activated that now.

> On Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 1:45 AM, Huidae Cho <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Luca,
>>
>> I just checked the po files, but I don't see any plural forms that are
>> partially translated. They are all both translated or empty.

Maybe they were incomplete. Running
"make verify"
in locale/ shows the error.

Markus

On 12 February 2017 at 07:45, Huidae Cho <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Luca,

Hi Huidae,

> I just checked the po files, but I don't see any plural forms that are
> partially translated. They are all both translated or empty.

ok, maybe they are wrong... if I try to upload korean po files I got

Error uploading file: grassmods_ko.po
Invalid number of plurals for string: %d category loaded:%d categories loaded

Error uploading file: grasslibs_ko.po
Invalid number of plurals for string: One feature without geometry
skipped:%d features without geometry skipped

msgid "One feature without geometry skipped"
msgid_plural "%d features without geometry skipped"
msgstr[0] "Datum %s 테이블파일을 열 수 없습니다"
msgstr[1] "Datum %s 테이블파일을 열 수 없습니다"

this is wrong for sure, the singular form should not contain %s, but
also the plural is wrong, there is %s but it should be %d

--
ciao
Luca

www.lucadelu.org

Re: Transifex manager wanted for GRASS GIS!

Maris Nartiss

> Error uploading file: grasslibs_ko.po
> Invalid number of plurals for string: One feature without geometry
> skipped:%d features without geometry skipped
>
> msgid "One feature without geometry skipped"
> msgid_plural "%d features without geometry skipped"
> msgstr[0] "Datum %s 테이블파일을 열 수 없습니다"
> msgstr[1] "Datum %s 테이블파일을 열 수 없습니다"
>
> this is wrong for sure, the singular form should not contain %s, but
> also the plural is wrong, there is %s but it should be %d

Just to clarify - singular form can contain %d in the same way as any
other plural form. I see that locale/README is not clear on this
subject.
Here is an example of Latvian translation:
msgid "One feature without geometry skipped"
msgid_plural "%d features without geometry skipped"
msgstr[0] "Ir izlaists %d objekts bez ģeometrijas"
msgstr[1] "Ir izlaisti %d objekti bez ģeometrijas"
msgstr[2] "Ir izlaists %d objektu bez ģeometrijas"

The error means that there is a mismatch between plural forms defined
in PO header and ones used in the file itself. + Of course, %s should
be replaced with %d.

Māris.

On 13 February 2017 at 10:41, Maris Nartiss <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Just to clarify - singular form can contain %d in the same way as any
> other plural form. I see that locale/README is not clear on this
> subject.

yes, but maybe Transifex dosn't accept it :-/

> Here is an example of Latvian translation:
> msgid "One feature without geometry skipped"
> msgid_plural "%d features without geometry skipped"
> msgstr[0] "Ir izlaists %d objekts bez ģeometrijas"

I think this is an error...

> msgstr[1] "Ir izlaisti %d objekti bez ģeometrijas"
> msgstr[2] "Ir izlaists %d objektu bez ģeometrijas"
>
> The error means that there is a mismatch between plural forms defined
> in PO header and ones used in the file itself. + Of course, %s should
> be replaced with %d.

the errors seems to be this, but It is not like that, because if you
remove both the translations and leave the same number of plural forms
it jump to the next wrong sentence

--
ciao
Luca

www.lucadelu.org

Re: Transifex manager wanted for GRASS GIS!

Maris Nartiss
I'm sorry Luca, you are wrong. My example is perfectly valid Gettext
and can be found also in Gettext documentation as an example. If
Transifex can not handle it, it is bug in Transifex. When introducing
plural form support in GRASS GIS, I was carefully following Gettext
documentation.

Still grasslibs_ko seems to be incomplete - it lacks Plural-Forms:
definition in its header. It has caused an issue that PO file is wrong
- Korean has only one plural form but PO file provides two.
To fix the issue is necessary to: never mind. Done in r70564.

Try again.
Māris.

> On 13 February 2017 at 10:41, Maris Nartiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> Just to clarify - singular form can contain %d in the same way as any
>> other plural form. I see that locale/README is not clear on this
>> subject.
>
> yes, but maybe Transifex dosn't accept it :-/
>
>> Here is an example of Latvian translation:
>> msgid "One feature without geometry skipped"
>> msgid_plural "%d features without geometry skipped"
>> msgstr[0] "Ir izlaists %d objekts bez ģeometrijas"
>
> I think this is an error...
>
>> msgstr[1] "Ir izlaisti %d objekti bez ģeometrijas"
>> msgstr[2] "Ir izlaists %d objektu bez ģeometrijas"
>>
>> The error means that there is a mismatch between plural forms defined
>> in PO header and ones used in the file itself. + Of course, %s should
>> be replaced with %d.
>>

> the errors seems to be this, but It is not like that, because if you
> remove both the translations and leave the same number of plural forms
> it jump to the next wrong sentence
>
>> Māris.
>>

> --
> ciao
> Luca
>
> www.lucadelu.org

Re: Transifex manager wanted for GRASS GIS!

Huidae Cho
I'll check the files. Do I have the rights to upload the po files to transifex?
--
Huidae Cho, Ph.D., P.E. (MD), CFM
http://idea.isnew.info

On Feb 14, 2017 11:36 AM, "Maris Nartiss" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm sorry Luca, you are wrong. My example is perfectly valid Gettext
and can be found also in Gettext documentation as an example. If
Transifex can not handle it, it is bug in Transifex. When introducing
plural form support in GRASS GIS, I was carefully following Gettext
documentation.

Still grasslibs_ko seems to be incomplete - it lacks Plural-Forms:
definition in its header. It has caused an issue that PO file is wrong
- Korean has only one plural form but PO file provides two.
To fix the issue is necessary to: never mind. Done in r70564.

Try again.
Māris.

> On 13 February 2017 at 10:41, Maris Nartiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> Just to clarify - singular form can contain %d in the same way as any
>> other plural form. I see that locale/README is not clear on this
>> subject.
>
> yes, but maybe Transifex dosn't accept it :-/
>
>> Here is an example of Latvian translation:
>> msgid "One feature without geometry skipped"
>> msgid_plural "%d features without geometry skipped"
>> msgstr[0] "Ir izlaists %d objekts bez ģeometrijas"
>
> I think this is an error...
>
>> msgstr[1] "Ir izlaisti %d objekti bez ģeometrijas"
>> msgstr[2] "Ir izlaists %d objektu bez ģeometrijas"
>>
>> The error means that there is a mismatch between plural forms defined
>> in PO header and ones used in the file itself. + Of course, %s should
>> be replaced with %d.
>>

> the errors seems to be this, but It is not like that, because if you
> remove both the translations and leave the same number of plural forms
> it jump to the next wrong sentence
>
>> Māris.
>>

> --
> ciao
> Luca
>
> www.lucadelu.org

Re: Transifex manager wanted for GRASS GIS!

Maris Nartiss
Just fix them in SVN, although I think that my changes are enough.

On 14 February 2017 at 17:36, Maris Nartiss <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm sorry Luca, you are wrong. My example is perfectly valid Gettext
> and can be found also in Gettext documentation as an example. If
> Transifex can not handle it, it is bug in Transifex. When introducing
> plural form support in GRASS GIS, I was carefully following Gettext
> documentation.

ok, could you want to be added as Transifex manager?

> Still grasslibs_ko seems to be incomplete - it lacks Plural-Forms:
> definition in its header. It has caused an issue that PO file is wrong
> - Korean has only one plural form but PO file provides two.
> To fix the issue is necessary to: never mind. Done in r70564.

I tested the new version and I was able to import grassmods_ko but not
grasslibs_ko...

--
ciao
Luca

www.lucadelu.org

On 14 February 2017 at 19:55, Huidae Cho <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'll check the files. Do I have the rights to upload the po files to
> transifex?

I don't know, could you check?
When you select a "resource" to translate, in the popup you should see
"Upload file"

--
ciao
Luca

www.lucadelu.org

Re: Transifex manager wanted for GRASS GIS!

Huidae Cho
I see the Upload file button. What happens if I upload a file when there are translations? Overwriting or adding?

Thanks.

On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 2:57 AM, Luca Delucchi <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 14 February 2017 at 19:55, Huidae Cho <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'll check the files. Do I have the rights to upload the po files to
> transifex?

I don't know, could you check?
When you select a "resource" to translate, in the popup you should see
"Upload file"

--
ciao
Luca

www.lucadelu.org

Re: Transifex manager wanted for GRASS GIS!

Huidae Cho
Also, can I use both svn and transifex? Will there be any conflicts between them?

Thanks.

On 22 February 2017 at 12:11, Huidae Cho <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I see the Upload file button. What happens if I upload a file when there are
> translations? Overwriting or adding?

By default it overwrite, but you can save your translations done in
transifex just setting them as reviewed.. is it clear?

--
ciao
Luca

www.lucadelu.org

On 22 February 2017 at 12:16, Huidae Cho <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Also, can I use both svn and transifex? Will there be any conflicts between
> them?

Please use only Transifex, otherwise there could be some conflicts...
we are working to fix the merge into svn

--
ciao
Luca

www.lucadelu.org