Transifex manager wanted for GRASS GIS!

12

Transifex manager wanted for GRASS GIS!

Markus Neteler
Hi,

as per subject... anyone with experience here who could assist to set up things?

thanks
Markus

Re: Transifex manager wanted for GRASS GIS!

Luca Delucchi
On 4 September 2016 at 21:58, Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

> as per subject... anyone with experience here who could assist to set up things?

I have no experience but I could look on it...

--
ciao
Luca

www.lucadelu.org

On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 4:27 PM, Luca Delucchi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 4 September 2016 at 21:58, Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

> Hi,
>
>> as per subject... anyone with experience here who could assist to set up things?
>>

> I have no experience but I could look on it...

Great! I have send an invitation to you via transifex (admin role).

ciao

Il 22/dic/2016 12:08, "Markus Neteler" <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 4:27 PM, Luca Delucchi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have no experience but I could look on it...

Great! I have send an invitation to you via transifex (admin role).

ciao
Markus

I didn't receive any mail, where should I check?

Ciao
Luca

On Fri, Dec 23, 2016 at 8:47 AM, Luca Delucchi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Il 22/dic/2016 12:08, "Markus Neteler" <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
>
> On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 4:27 PM, Luca Delucchi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I have no experience but I could look on it...
>
> Great! I have send an invitation to you via transifex (admin role).
>
> ciao
> Markus
>

> I didn't receive any mail, where should I check?

Simply login into the transifex portal :-)

"User lucadelu (lucadeluge gmail.com) already exists in the given role."

On 23 December 2016 at 13:39, Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Simply login into the transifex portal :-)

ok, I can see the GRASS projects and manage them, how do we want to proceed?

--
ciao
Luca

www.lucadelu.org

On Wed, Dec 28, 2016 at 4:32 PM, Luca Delucchi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 23 December 2016 at 13:39, Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> Simply login into the transifex portal :-)
>>

> ok, I can see the GRASS projects and manage them, how do we want to proceed?

In the first place we need to understand the data exchange:

  svn po <--> transifex

On 28 December 2016 at 16:39, Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> In the first place we need to understand the data exchange:
>
>   svn po <--> transifex

ok, I already wrote to Gerald to understand this (I was not able to
find this easily in the docs)....

--
ciao
Luca

www.lucadelu.org

On 28 December 2016 at 16:42, Luca Delucchi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 28 December 2016 at 16:39, Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> In the first place we need to understand the data exchange:
>>
>>   svn po <--> transifex
>>

> ok, I already wrote to Gerald to understand this (I was not able to
> find this easily in the docs)....

finally I starting to understand Transifex..
I started to import all the translations for GRASS 7.2 [0], most of
work is done, there are some errors I should ask to the Transifex
support why and how to fix them.

Now we have to set a script to obtain the translations automatically,
I will work on it in the afternoon...

If you want to be added as translator, let me know (also private
emails are fine)

[0] https://www.transifex.com/grass-gis/grass72

--
ciao
Luca

www.lucadelu.org

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 12:28 PM, Luca Delucchi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 28 December 2016 at 16:42, Luca Delucchi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 28 December 2016 at 16:39, Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> In the first place we need to understand the data exchange:
>>>
>>>   svn po <--> transifex
>>>

>> ok, I already wrote to Gerald to understand this (I was not able to
>> find this easily in the docs)....
>>

> finally I starting to understand Transifex..
> I started to import all the translations for GRASS 7.2 [0], most of
> work is done, there are some errors I should ask to the Transifex
> support why and how to fix them.
>
> Now we have to set a script to obtain the translations automatically,
> I will work on it in the afternoon...

The message template creation (English base files) cronjob I have done:
https://grass.osgeo.org/grass72/binary/linux/snapshot/transifex/

These files are updated every Saturday.

> If you want to be added as translator, let me know (also private
> emails are fine)
>
> [0] https://www.transifex.com/grass-gis/grass72
>
> --
> ciao
> Luca
>
> www.lucadelu.org

Cheers,
Markus

--
Markus Neteler
http://www.mundialis.de - free data with free software

On 25 January 2017 at 13:15, Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The message template creation (English base files) cronjob I have done:
> https://grass.osgeo.org/grass72/binary/linux/snapshot/transifex/
>
> These files are updated every Saturday.

Thanks, I added some info about transifex in the wiki
https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_messages_translation#Transifex

--
ciao
Luca

www.lucadelu.org

Re: Transifex manager wanted for GRASS GIS!

DanielV
So this means that we can start using transifex? Some time ago I tried messing with .po files but could not figure it out and get it working. Using Transifex web UI seems a lot simpler.

On 25 January 2017 at 16:14, Daniel Victoria <[hidden email]> wrote:
> So this means that we can start using transifex? Some time ago I tried
> messing with .po files but could not figure it out and get it working. Using
> Transifex web UI seems a lot simpler.

Hi Daniel,

could you wait some other days, I need some more time to finish the
configuration and test it.
However I can add you as translator, could I use this email? What is
your language?

--
ciao
Luca

www.lucadelu.org

Re: Transifex manager wanted for GRASS GIS!

DanielV
I believe I'm already a translator for the pt_br language. i can see 2 projects there. Grass7 and Grass7.2.

I was testing the interface and translated a couple of lines. But I'll wait a bit more.

Cheers
Daniel

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 1:18 PM, Luca Delucchi <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 25 January 2017 at 16:14, Daniel Victoria <[hidden email]> wrote:
> So this means that we can start using transifex? Some time ago I tried
> messing with .po files but could not figure it out and get it working. Using
> Transifex web UI seems a lot simpler.

Hi Daniel,

could you wait some other days, I need some more time to finish the
configuration and test it.
However I can add you as translator, could I use this email? What is
your language?

--
ciao
Luca

www.lucadelu.org

Re: Transifex manager wanted for GRASS GIS!

Markus Neteler
On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 4:26 PM, Daniel Victoria
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I believe I'm already a translator for the pt_br language. i can see 2
> projects there. Grass7 and Grass7.2.

Can you please check again? I have now set G6 and 7.0 to "private".
Hopefully only 7.2 is visible now.

Best
Markus

Re: Transifex manager wanted for GRASS GIS!

DanielV
I can still see GRASS GIS 7.0 project as public BUT, there are 0 (zero) words for it.

GRASS GIS 7.2 has 91.37K words and 22 languages

Cheers

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I believe I'm already a translator for the pt_br language. i can see 2
> projects there. Grass7 and Grass7.2.

Can you please check again? I have now set G6 and 7.0 to "private".
Hopefully only 7.2 is visible now.

Best
Markus

Re: Transifex manager wanted for GRASS GIS!

Markus Neteler
On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 5:53 PM, Daniel Victoria
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I can still see GRASS GIS 7.0 project as public BUT, there are 0 (zero)
> words for it.

ok, it wasn't private yet. Now it should be...

> GRASS GIS 7.2 has 91.37K words and 22 languages

Yes.

On 25 January 2017 at 15:20, Luca Delucchi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks, I added some info about transifex in the wiki
> https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_messages_translation#Transifex

Hi all, I'm close to finish Transifex transition but there are still
some problems, to solve them I would suggest to:
- remove Arabic and Korean translations files, they are old and few
lines are translated
- I need some help to fix translation of plural for Chinese, Czech,
Japanese, Russian, Slovenian, to upload correctly this files both the
forms (singular and plural) should be empty or translated it is not
possible to upload into Transifex system if only one is translated
- fix the Vietnamese encoding to UTF8, I already tried but I was not
able to success. I also asked help to Transifex support team.

--
ciao
Luca

www.lucadelu.org

On 30 January 2017 at 09:59, Luca Delucchi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 25 January 2017 at 15:20, Luca Delucchi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks, I added some info about transifex in the wiki
>> https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_messages_translation#Transifex
>>

> Hi all, I'm close to finish Transifex transition but there are still
> some problems, to solve them I would suggest to:
> - remove Arabic and Korean translations files, they are old and few
> lines are translated
> - I need some help to fix translation of plural for Chinese, Czech,
> Japanese, Russian, Slovenian, to upload correctly this files both the
> forms (singular and plural) should be empty or translated it is not
> possible to upload into Transifex system if only one is translated

maybe also the Slovenian translation could be removed...

--
ciao
Luca

www.lucadelu.org

Re: Transifex manager wanted for GRASS GIS!

Markus Neteler
(cc Huidae for Korean)

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 9:59 AM, Luca Delucchi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 25 January 2017 at 15:20, Luca Delucchi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks, I added some info about transifex in the wiki
>> https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_messages_translation#Transifex
>>

> Hi all, I'm close to finish Transifex transition but there are still
> some problems, to solve them I would suggest to:
> - remove Arabic and Korean translations files, they are old and few
> lines are translated

I'd not trash easily existing work. 302 translated messages are
already some effort, see

https://grass.osgeo.org/development/translations/

(likewise the Slovenian). Or is there any issue with rather untranslated files?

> - I need some help to fix translation of plural for Chinese, Czech,
> Japanese, Russian, Slovenian, to upload correctly this files both the
> forms (singular and plural) should be empty or translated it is not
> possible to upload into Transifex system if only one is translated

Maybe the QGIS ppl have some experience here?

> - fix the Vietnamese encoding to UTF8, I already tried but I was not
> able to success. I also asked help to Transifex support team.

I have a script for file encoding changes of .po files and can try.

Markus
12