Transfer geoserver data to another computer

Transfer geoserver data to another computer

Mehmet Demir
Hello,

I'm trying to transfer geoserver data from one computer to another. Do I have to add all stores and sld files by hand or are there simplest way of doing it?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Mehmet.

Re: Transfer geoserver data to another computer

jody.garnett
Grab the "data directory" from one computer and unpack it on the other. When setting up geoserver configure it to point at the data directory (for example with environmental variable).

This technique can also be used when simply updating a GeoServer from one to the next.

Jody Garnett

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 4:46 PM, Mehmet Demir <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to transfer geoserver data from one computer to another. Do I
have to add all stores and sld files by hand or are there simplest way of
doing it?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Mehmet.

Re: Transfer geoserver data to another computer

Stefano Iacovella

Hello,

I'm trying to transfer geoserver data from one computer to another. Do I
have to add all stores and sld files by hand or are there simplest way of
doing it?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Mehmet.

Hi Mehmet,

it depends how you configured the stores.
Are currently the data on the same machine where the GeoServer runs?
If this is the case you should update each data store, of course this is the case just for store pointing to file system.
If you are on Linux/Unix you may also consider mounting the remote file system on the server running GeoServer and
using symlink to create the same old structure.

Stefano
41.95581N 12.52854E

http://www.linkedin.com/in/stefanoiacovella

http://twitter.com/#!/Iacovellas

Re: Transfer geoserver data to another computer

Mehmet Demir

Thank you for information. It solved my problem.

Mehmet